WHY? Coach Romeo Crennel would like to re-sign WR Antonio Bryant

wileedog

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
What "additional headaches"? I still haven't heard anything bad about him come from the team or in the media yet. Did I miss something?

Before the last Pittsburgh game Bryant was yapping that "no CB could cover him 1 v 1", clearly begging Pittsburgh to try.

They did, and Pitt pasted the Browns 41-0.

Other than that, I'm assuming his lazy blocking habits and need to freelance routes are still intact. Or do you think the guy who threw a jersey at his coach suddenly matured in one year?

And we still don't know what fireworks would have ensued as Brayon Edwards got more and more of the offensive attention before he got hurt.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
gimmesix said:
I like Bryant's talent, but we had enough trouble moving the ball without our receivers dropping very many or having them jarred from their hands.

I used to be of the mind-set that I could tolerate drops by a talented receiver, but after seeing the importance of having receivers who both make the spectacular catches and the routine ones, I'll take a lesser-talented receiver who can be relied on to catch the ball over one who cannot.
Glenn hands aren't that great either. If we keep AB then that is one less need on our team.
I didn't agree with the move, I thought players got away with a lot more if they were handpicked by BP, many weren't as talented and a lot older.
I just hope our staff didn't think he would ever make something out of his potential, or else they are just stubborn kids.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
wileedog said:
Before the last Pittsburgh game Bryant was yapping that "no CB could cover him 1 v 1", clearly begging Pittsburgh to try.

They did, and Pitt pasted the Browns 41-0.

Other than that, I'm assuming his lazy blocking habits and need to freelance routes are still intact. Or do you think the guy who threw a jersey at his coach suddenly matured in one year?

And we still don't know what fireworks would have ensued as Brayon Edwards got more and more of the offensive attention before he got hurt.

Pick your poison...

I suppose a guy who was paid NOT to play with the Bucaneers changed in a year?

Keyshawn is seen screaming at his PK...screaming at his QB...

He ran plenty of wrong routes last year (this year that wasnt a problem)

I just don't see much of a difference...

They are both nutcases.

I'll take the younger nutcase who has more upside, more playmaking ability...He made some amazing catches...not the least of which was the one in the Monday night game vs the Giants that set up Cundiff's tying FG.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
This can be summed up very simply...

Morgan for AB was just another blunder in a long list of blunders for Parcells.

AB was destined to fail the minute Parcells singled on here and brought in the geriatric squad to do his bidding.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Santana Moss has 8 drops too. Steve Smith has 7, and I'd take both of 'em.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
This can be summed up very simply...

Morgan for AB was just another blunder in a long list of blunders for Parcells.

AB was destined to fail the minute Parcells singled on here and brought in the geriatric squad to do his bidding.

Well...obviously the way Bryant went about expressing his displeasure wasn't cool....BUT that said, where's there's smoke there's fire.

It just worried me that Parcells was handing jobs to "his" guys...Uh, like Vinny...Bledsoe...Key...D Ward...et al...without them earning it.

Yet another thing I can't stand about the carpetbagger Parcells...

wileedog

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Well...obviously the way Bryant went about expressing his displeasure wasn't cool....BUT that said, where's there's smoke there's fire.

It just worried me that Parcells was handing jobs to "his" guys...Uh, like Vinny...Bledsoe...Key...D Ward...et al...without them earning it.

Yet another thing I can't stand about the carpetbagger Parcells...

And what had Bryant done to earn his job at that point?

I mean other than freelance routes, take plays off, and b*tch on the sideline like a 3 year old?

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
There was a short time where I thought the future core of the Cowboy offense would be Drew Henson, Julius Jones, Jason Witten and Antonio Bryant. I wonder what it would have been like if they got to play at the same time and grow/learn together.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tio said:
Glenn hands aren't that great either. If we keep AB then that is one less need on our team.
I didn't agree with the move, I thought players got away with a lot more if they were handpicked by BP, many weren't as talented and a lot older.
I just hope our staff didn't think he would ever make something out of his potential, or else they are just stubborn kids.

I have to disagree with you on Glenn's hands. Glenn is a very reliable receiver, and has been noted by coaches, etc., for his hands. I believe a couple of his drops came after he was basically limited to one hand during the Carolina game.

Bryant makes some spectacular catches, but he is just as likely to drop a routine one. Maybe he'll eventually get beyond that.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
wileedog said:
And what had Bryant done to earn his job at that point?

I mean other than freelance routes, take plays off, and b*tch on the sideline like a 3 year old?

Who said he had done anything to "earn" it...

What did Keyshawn do to earn it?

Dedric Ward?

Richie Anderson?

VINNY TESTAVERDE?

Bledsoe?

etc etc etc.

What I am saying is, there should be a competition for every spot, every year...we know that simply isn't the case.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimz31 said:
What "additional headaches"? I still haven't heard anything bad about him come from the team or in the media yet. Did I miss something?
I've actually read a couple things about him potentially being a bad influence on Braylon Edwards. It was a scout blurb in one of Lenny P's articles. Another scout blurb that if u get over his attitude/head case issues, Bryant could be a steal for a team.

At this point, his future in the NFL is just a matter of debate. Most seem to like his talent and upside, but believe his mental issues could be the difference between a big payday and a short-term deal w/incentives.

Me, personally, I've moved on. Wish him the best except against the boys.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
We need to see percentage of passes dropped for this to mean anything. You can bet that Chad Johnson and Steve Smith had way more passes thrown to them this year than AB.

wxcpo

Reaction score
Trip said:
69 catches and 1,009 yards.

Trent Dilfer and Charlie Frye throwing him the ball.

Gave him away for nothing.

All to win now, which is going on three years and we haven't done yet.

Yes we did exactly that, GAVE him away for nothing. We got nothing in return for him. If Parcells thought the WR we got in return was equal compensation then he is a worse evaluator of talent than I thought.

wxcpo

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
IT's resentment because he left us and is doing well. Its quite simple, Dallas just wasn't a good fit for the guy. Accept it, even if he excels somewhere else.

Usually BP has been right about bad characters, ie. Derek Ross who alot of you were so high on.

Why wasn't he a good fit? Because Bill got rid of him so that makes him not a good fit? I don't buy it one bit. AB just wasn't a yes man and Bill didn't like that so he got rid of him. Keyshawn did far worse in Tampa then AB did while with Dallas yet BP didn't hesitate to bring in KJ. If you're a yes man BP has a place for you in Dallas, that's why he brings in all his old players.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
As the #1 WR in Cleveland, Bryant had more than enough balls thrown in his direction.

The more you get thrown to the more drops are recorded. No matter who you are.

wileedog

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Who said he had done anything to "earn" it...

What did Keyshawn do to earn it?

Dedric Ward?

Richie Anderson?

VINNY TESTAVERDE?

Bledsoe?

etc etc etc.

What I am saying is, there should be a competition for every spot, every year...we know that simply isn't the case.

You know that's not the case at all. Anywhere, with any coach.

Vets with skins on the wall ALWAYS get the benefit of the doubt. Whiny 2nd year players get put on the bench to serve as notice that their attitude is not helping. That's SOP for tons of coaches, not just Parcells, but the Agenda must be fed.

And what is with you and Dedric Ward? Whose job did he take?

Zman5

Reaction score
wileedog said:
You know that's not the case at all. Anywhere, with any coach.

Vets with skins on the wall ALWAYS get the benefit of the doubt. Whiny 2nd year players get put on the bench to serve as notice that their attitude is not helping. That's SOP for tons of coaches, not just Parcells, but the Agenda must be fed.

And what is with you and Dedric Ward? Whose job did he take?

Then that's what Parcells should have told the team. Instead he made a big stink about that no one is above anyone as far as competion for positions is concerned when he first came here.

In fact he was telling this BS to a guy who should have gotten more benefit of doubt than anyone else. Darren Woodson.

Woodson has more skins on the wall than any guys Parcells brought in yet he told Woodson that he has to prove to Parcells that he can still play.

BP made it clear that he didn't care what the players had done in the past but what they can do now.

BP doesn't practice what he preaches.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Coach Romeo Crennel would like to re-sign WR Antonio Bryant.
The fact that Braylon Edwards will be coming off ACL surgery and might not be ready until October "has to be taken into consideration." Bryant struggled with drops, but led the Browns with 1,009 yards this season.

Jan. 3 - 11:24 am et
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Because he is a talent....and Crennel recognizes that and feels he can deal with the baggage.....oh, and it is Cleveland

burmafrd

Reaction score
Another dumb thread. Lots of them today. AB is a problem without the record of acheivement that Key has. ALso he cannot make the catches Key does. AB drops the ball at the worst possible times. He disappears in many games. His attitude is still not that good. A lot of his yds came in garbage time with the D playing prevent.