Why Cooper and Lamb went backwards

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yeah. Teams played more coverage and didn’t care to stop the run. Dak sucked against it.

The 9ers pass defense is awful and they had no problem stopping us. It’s just the way Dak is.

Romo was even saying what I’ve been saying during the game. When we can run we’re a different team.

More Dak is bad.

This franchise is going to trot out Zeke again next year as if he’s really a difference maker that teams have to game plan for.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Yeah. Teams played more coverage and didn’t care to stop the run. Dak sucked against it.

The 9ers pass defense is awful and they had no problem stopping us. It’s just the way Dak is.

Romo was even saying what I’ve been saying during the game. When we can run we’re a different team.

More Dak is bad.
If they didn't care to stop the run, and our OL isn't trash, why did Zeke go 12 for 31 and Pollard 4 for 14? We can't run because our line misses at least one block at the point of attack on every running play. They are bad. Dak is bad too, but the OL is bad.

nobody

Reaction score
To be fair, the routes have been awful too. Dak has no anticipation so he has to wait for them to turn around and fast ball it in. I got the feeling Lamb and Cooper mentally checked out a bit the second half of the year too.

When suddenly ALL of the receivers seemed to "check out" and the routes get blamed, usually it's not them and is the QB. I say this as a fan of the QB. Something happened after his injury. Cooper is one of the best route runners in the league and Lamb is getting better...so why would they suddenly run poor routes? Because they have to come back because Dak's accuracy isn't what it was when they're at speed.

It is that or Moore's play-calling... but I think something is wrong with Dak.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Are we really going to pretend that 3 drives weren't killed in the first half because of penalties?

Two holding calls on back-to-back possessions followed by 2 false starts on the next drive.

Good luck converting 2nd and 20 plus on a regular basis vs playoff teams.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
To be fair, the routes have been awful too. Dak has no anticipation so he has to wait for them to turn around and fast ball it in. I got the feeling Lamb and Cooper mentally checked out a bit the second half of the year too.

To be honest when dak lets the ball rip he made a couple of nice throws. He just won't do it. He's clearly overthinking. Thats why you need a real qb guru in here type coach to help him take the next step.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Where is the tape to support your comments?

Show the tape with WRs open but Dak not seeing or refusing to throw it to them.

Adreme

Reaction score
Teams didn't fear the run. Make Dak beat you is the way to defend against Dallas and 90% of the time, it's gonna work.

I mean teams are playing 2 deep safety against Dallas. They are actually daring Dallas to run the ball and they still cant.

mugsybows

Reaction score
If Lamb wants to get the ball more he needs to actually catch the thing when it is thrown to him. As it stands Wilson was getting, and taking advantage of, the chances he had to make plays.
Yeah lamb to be honest has been pretty disappointing to me as of late. Lotts big drops

Creeper

Reaction score
To me, it is all on Dak. He made a couple of good throws today, but most of his passes were off. He has lost his confidence. Early in the year he was hitting his receivers with quick accurate passes. Today, you could see how slow and tentative he was throwing the ball. He holds it so long as if he has no internal clock. He can't seem to just see the receiver and throw him open. Since his calf injury, he cannot throw on the run, or when he rolls out. He is also slow deciding when to run. He took a few sacks today because he was late getting out of the pocket when it began to collapse. When the pockets breaks down he needs to get out of there faster or let the ball go somewhere.

What irony that the game ended when Dak ran for 17 yards and a first down when he has been seemingly hesitant to run with the ball for over 2 months.

zerofill

Reaction score
We could have had Rice, Irvin and Moss out there today and they probably wouldn’t have combined for 150yds. We have a QB and OC problem…….

Yeah I was just saying... imagine Davante Adams and Dak BAHAHAHA...
Dak gets big bucks, lowers everyone elses value. I would actually hate him if I were them.

zerofill

Reaction score

More Dak is bad.

I like Romo as a commentator. But, I think I would have rather had Aikman now that I look back on it HAHAHA

Romo is happy, and loves the game and is too fair to both sides lol.

kumizi

Reaction score
Lamb starting to look like a loser. Wanted to break out his stupid mustache celebration on his first catch of the game. Play got called back. Disappeared for the rest of the night.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Usually I'd side with the QB, but I think you can see the frustration on lamb and coopers faces. They are open. He just doesn't see them.

Dak misses a ton of wide open throws.....because he has tunnel vision. It's one read.....then panic.... if it's not there.....then find Schultz.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Dak misses a ton of wide open throws.....because he has tunnel vision. It's one read.....then panic.... if it's not there.....then find Schultz.
But early in the season, he was clearly going through is progressions, often hitting the 3rd or 4th receiver. How does he just lose it?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Lamb starting to look like a loser. Wanted to break out his stupid mustache celebration on his first catch of the game. Play got called back. Disappeared for the rest of the night.
Was wide open on 4th and 11. Dak threw a duck to Wilson instead.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Some of it is the OL. Also Zeke is hurt so there’s no run game. Still Lamb doesn’t look good, he drops passes and really didn’t make many plays. I don’t think Lamb was worth the 1st round pick. So now there’s no Gallup and Lamb is not reliable. It’s all Cooper and Shultz.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
I think your right.