Why Cowboy Fans are Angry

joseephuss

Reaction score
Cbz40;1117867 said:
I think you get the jest......:D

Yes, I do. Although if she is your aunt and older than you, then it probably wasn't her apron getting hung up in the ringer. Something else hanging low and wobbling to and fro.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
joseephuss;1117884 said:
Yes, I do. Although if she is your aunt and older than you, then it probably wasn't her apron getting hung up in the ringer. Something else hanging low and wobbling to and fro.

:hammer: :D

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
We're angry because in Year 4 of the Big Bill reign of error, our starting QB is an undrafted free agent. That's insane (and I say that as a Romo supporter).

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
bbgun;1118047 said:
We're angry because in Year 4 of the Big Bill reign of error, our starting QB is an undrafted free agent. That's insane (and I say that as a Romo supporter).

Well, they say that it takes 3 or 4 years until a QB is ready, so I guess this what Parcells did...

We are going to find out, huh?

tecolote

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1117729 said:
I was trying to think of an analogy to explain why this change upset me so much. Here is it.

With the lack of success the Cowboys have had recently, this was legitimately supposed to be the year. This is the first year in a long time that outside people were picking us to win. Hopes were very high.

It is like a family has been preparing for a major surgery for a long time. We met with the doctors, made the arrangments and got everything in order for a successfull surgery.

The day comes and the veteran surgeon preps everyone and begins the surgery. Then, out of no where, here comes a med student holding a book that says "brain surgery for dummies" ready to take over and finish the operation.

As I get upset, the people in the waiting room assure me that he has the potentional to be the best surgeon in the world. "He is going to make some mistakes today, but eventually he will be good enough to give everybody the best chance survive."

I dont care about the next one, this is the one that matters.

Another thing about the veteran surgeon,

His male patients always woke up with severe pain in their pelvic area.

It was later discovered it was due to the surgeon´s unfortunate habit of ball tapping during surgery.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Fan Since 77;1117801 said:
In all fairness to our defense, the Giants didn't have far to go when they got the ball on offense.

yeah, once

5 plays, 74 yds TD
8 plays 34 yds, punt
9 plays 62 yds, FG
8 plays, 28yds end of half
3 plays 14 yds TD
14 plays, 68 yds TD
8 plays, 34 yds FG

David

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
The thing that sickens me is we spent years checking out former baseball players who played less than two years of football in college, starting old stopgaps who at best could take you a game above .500 and now we're relying on a QB who wasn't even drafted. Maybe this major project will be the one to work out for us, but I'm not holding my breath.

I know even a #1 pick isn't a sure thing. But at least then we could actually say we seriously attempted to solve the problem. Instead we just throw crap against the wall and hope something sticks. Romo has 10 games to see if he'll "stick". If not, then it's time we make a real effort in bringing in a serious QB candidate.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I didn't know we were angry about this move? About the Giants game as a whole...yes...this move...nah!

Reaction score
I am estatic the Romo era has begun. With each game, it was becomming more and more obvious Bledsoe wasn't the answer.

I'm only sorry Tony wasn't given the job towards the end of last season to get some real game experience under his belt.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyBlog;1117729 said:
With the lack of success the Cowboys have had recently, this was legitimately supposed to be the year.
Not with Bledslow. He has proven he can't win 3 on a row in the regular season so what makes anything think he could in January?

Also I am not the least bit angry over this move. Edit - actually I am a little miffed because this didn't happen sooner.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JustSayNotoTO;1117738 said:
This was never going to be the year with Bledsoe as the QB.

I would say that most Cowboy fans are thrilled we are never going to have to see the statue again.

It's never going to happen with BP either. Write it down, I've said it since day #1. It's a bad mixture of a "win now" attitude with some young players and some old, over the hill players, at key positions.

Say what you will, but not only is the Bledsoe era over, so is the Parcells era.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Bach;1118107 said:
The thing that sickens me is we spent years checking out former baseball players who played less than two years of football in college, starting old stopgaps who at best could take you a game above .500 and now we're relying on a QB who wasn't even drafted. Maybe this major project will be the one to work out for us, but I'm not holding my breath.

I know even a #1 pick isn't a sure thing. But at least then we could actually say we seriously attempted to solve the problem. Instead we just throw crap against the wall and hope something sticks. Romo has 10 games to see if he'll "stick". If not, then it's time we make a real effort in bringing in a serious QB candidate.

Heck, now Quincy Carter looks like the only time Dallas took a semi-serious shot at a QB. He played 3 years of college ball. He went directly from college to the NFL instead of detouring to baseball. He was also drafted and even though Jerry took him too soon, he was projected to go in the 4th round. Before that, Dallas had not drafted a QB since 1991 when they picked Bill Musgrave.

They have made some long shot bets at the QB position since Aikman retired. It is a position that is already difficult to evaluate and they haven't made it any easier on themselves.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Did the yound surgeon work side by side with an experienced team of surgeons for four years to learn his craft?

Fan Since 77

Reaction score
dbair1967;1118106 said:
yeah, once

5 plays, 74 yds TD
8 plays 34 yds, punt
9 plays 62 yds, FG
8 plays, 28yds end of half
3 plays 14 yds TD
14 plays, 68 yds TD
8 plays, 34 yds FG

David

Ok, let's take away the 14 yard TD. Also take away the 74 yard TD because that was caused by the Ref. Now we have the Dallas D giving up one TD and two FG. Sounds like they did a good job to me.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss;1119023 said:
Heck, now Quincy Carter looks like the only time Dallas took a semi-serious shot at a QB. He played 3 years of college ball. He went directly from college to the NFL instead of detouring to baseball. He was also drafted and even though Jerry took him too soon, he was projected to go in the 4th round. Before that, Dallas had not drafted a QB since 1991 when they picked Bill Musgrave.

They have made some long shot bets at the QB position since Aikman retired. It is a position that is already difficult to evaluate and they haven't made it any easier on themselves.

Really just makes you shake your head. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to realize the best way to find a QB isn't by looking on the streets or in the trash heap.

We have all but neglected probably the most important position on the team and now we are having to continue to live with it. :banghead:

joseephuss

Reaction score
Bach;1119061 said:
Really just makes you shake your head. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to realize the best way to find a QB isn't by looking on the streets or in the trash heap.

We have all but neglected probably the most important position on the team and now we are having to continue to live with it. :banghead:

Those guys that believe in drafting a QB every year are right. You have to be prepared.

There was no reason to expect Aikman to play that much longer. Twelve years is a good career for most QBs. They should have had a young guy in place that had studied under Aikman and had a year or two of training camp and pre-season.

That is the one thing I do like about Romo. He has been brought along in the system. He has followed the development process that I like to see in a QB if possible. Meredith, Morton, Staubach and White all had the benefit of sitting and learning to some extent. None was asked to be the immediate, full time starter. Sure it was a luxury and Dallas could afford to take advantage of it at those times. Dallas couldn't do that when Aikman came in.

Troy had to play right away and since the team was completely re-building, it made more sense for him to play. The luxury that Dallas did not take advantage of was when Troy was on winning teams. They should have used that time to develop a young guy.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
rcaldw;1117748 said:
I really don't think too many Cowboys fans are angry.

Let me change the analogy.

You go in for that same surgery. You read the Doctor's bio and about all the surgeries he has performed, all the surgical stats he has piled up, so you feel confident.

But alas, once you are about to go in, you find out that he has been dismissed from his last two places of service. He looks great washing up and putting those gloves on. He talks a great game and makes you feel completely confident. But when the lights go on in the operating room, and the pressure mounts, his hands begin to shake.

You hear about a young surgeon, has been in training under this doctor and the chief of the surgeons for 4 years. The head of the surgical department assures you that he is ready. You look at some film of some lesser operations that the young guy has performed, and even with a few mistakes, he is no more erratic than the old guy with shaky hands. At least this guy has potential.

No, it isn't guaranteed that the surgery will be a success, but I'm going with the young guy who doesn't have shaky hands. :)

Can I go to a different hospital ?? :lmao2:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Don't forget to mention that the veteran surgeon just killed one patient because he cut the wrong artery and was too slow to get it closed up, now here he is in your romm...I think I'll take the med school student that still has education fresh in his brain. Oh, and after the young med student starts surgery, does the old veteran stand in a corner and pout, threaten to retire, instead of helping the younger surgeon?