Video: Why Cowboys WR CeeDee Lamb is way better Than You Think: Film Breakdown

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
That hook route in the seam of cover three has lead to two interceptions. Because it's an option route. If the safety back pedals, run a hook. If the safety plays it flat, run a deep post. Lamb and Dak were not on the same page on a couple of those routes. And that's what lead to posters on here saying Lamb doesn't run his routes right. When in reality, the safeties on both of those interceptions just made good plays.

#LearnFootball.

Qcard

Reaction score
Great Content by Youtuber:clap:

It's amazing The No.4 Jug Machine's Settings

The Lamb Owners Manual Fine Print

1. Can't Read Defenses
2. Can't Throw WRs Open
3. Can't Throw With Anticipation

Rayman70

Reaction score
That hook route in the seam of cover three has lead to two interceptions. Because it's an option route. If the safety back pedals, run a hook. If the safety plays it flat, run a deep post. Lamb and Dak were not on the same page on a couple of those routes. And that's what lead to posters on here saying Lamb doesn't run his routes right. When in reality, the safeties on both of those interceptions just made good plays.

#LearnFootball.
exactly. This is the NFL. Sometimes the other guy just makes a better play. It happens to the best. What I admire most is, when that happens, it doesn't affect Dak or Ceedee , they just keep playing. My High school football coach way back in the day told me I need to develop amnesia as a cb. . Because at some juncture, I will get beat. The key is to forget it, learn from it and play on. Much is mental. Thats where I see Ceedee's greatest improvement. He used to let a couple bad plays get in his head and it affected him the remainder of games. I don't see that anymore. Now he is a very dangerous wr. I am proud of him.He is maturing before our eyes as a #1 wr.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Remember that awful drop Ceedee had against the Giants at Met Life? He was dejected for a while during the game, then he was at a mental crossroads I think...something changed during the game..He caught fire and decided THEN that he was going to defeat that monkey on his back mentally and the kid balled. Had a great game and he never looked back. From that game forward he has steadily been a beast and very consistent. FEARLESS. He wants to be great and he seemingly has defeated that demon that used to hold him back. Reminds me of Hopkins in Az. The NFL is on notice.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
WE GET SUCKERED IN HE GETS BIG MONEY, AND WILL BE A DUD!!! Typical cowboys story

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Really stepped up his game. Drops are down. Running good routes.

Earning that 88 every week now.

He has been doing it for several years here now. Finally with Cooper gone he can be featured in this offense properly. Those of you that doubted him and claimed he was only good because Cooper took away the best corner or double or triple coverage have been proven dead wrong.

The offense this year is actually better than it was last year. Cooper was a luxury, nothing more. And an expensive one at that. Cowboys were spot on to move on from him and his salary.

Zman5

Reaction score
Still a plenty of Lamb doubters out there that arent man enough to admit they were wrong about both Lamb and Cooper.

Too be fair he didn't help himself by having some bad drops early in the season, but he definitely has gotten better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Too be fair he didn't help himself by having some bad drops early in the season, but he definitely has gotten better.

Only guys that made a big deal out of a few drops were the doubters. Go look at the list of guys leading the NFL in drops.

Hill was #1 last time I checked. And the rest are Adams, and all the other high volume guys.

starman22

Reaction score
Still are plenty of Lamb doubters out there that arent man enough to admit they were wrong about both Lamb and Cooper.

I will admit being down on CD with his drops, but he has really turned it up a notch lately. I personally never doubted Cooper, he did a fantastic job when Dak was out.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

"Elite quickness"
"Cut his drop rate in half"

Giggity!

Maybe the game is slowing down for him. I'm starting to see that open-field quickness with the ball in his hand that made him an elite runner in college.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah, Lamb has progressed nicely as this year has gone along. His play is getting better game-by-game, and it is tied to the overall offense becoming much more effective later in the season.

I’ve always liked him, but Lamb has been very impressive to me lately. His YAC ability is showing more and more, and each week he’s becoming closer to the YAC monster we saw at Oklahoma.

If he keeps it up, he’s going to be a big difference maker in the post season.

Xeven

Reaction score
Maybe after enough practice with him, Dak can manage to throw catchable passes.