Why Dak is going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Poor Dak.

He reminds me of Buggs Bunny on Saturday morning cartoons..

"Watch me pull a rabbit out of a hat" He would reach in the hat and have some rabbit ears in his hand and pull.

It would be him in the hat. We would laugh.

Everybody is taking shots at Dak over if he deserves to be the highest paid player in NFL history.

Dak wants us to believe in him like he believes in himself.

I do not ever recall Rodger Staubach ever having to go thru this.

Oh right..Staubach won the SB in his second year starting.

Aikman won in his 3rd year. Dak is going on his 5th year.

Roger was a Heisman winner. Aikman a #1 draft pick.

And that is the problem for Dak.

Until he wins a title, he is ever in the crucible of doubt.

In Dallas, you need to compete with great QBs.

QBs that had to play up to and exceed the results of other QBs their contemporaries.

This is the measuring stick in Dallas.

Dak simply has not arrived there yet. And he may never do it. You do not have to be a Dak Hater to know that.

Ask Danny White. Ask Craig Morton. Ask Steve Walsh. And others.

Dak could still be among the greats except he has a distinct disadvantage. Aikman, Staubach won SBs early in their careers.

Dak has not and now he is entering his mid career. Getting older does not always mean better.

It means chances to win big are receding like cars in a rearview mirror. They get smaller.

But Dak has his eyes fixed on the reward before the feat.

Somebody should tell him he has the cart before the horse. Somebody needs to tell him he is running the risk of being known as the biggest bust in Cowboy history if he falls.

If he fails, he does not want to become a clique for failure. He is better off trying to take a competitive deal now and produce what he says he can.

Then come back and sign a new deal when the time is right. What he is doing is very high risk.

I started out liking Dak like most of us. I wanted him to blossom like Aikman and Rodger did. As fans that was great to feel a part of their success.

I was getting that feeling with Dak early on. But things have changed. Why I am not sure. But it had changed.

The Cowboys as a Nation has split into two camps. Why?

Becuz there are these two ghosts of past greatness tapping him on the shoulder saying..

"Its not your time. You are not ready. Come back when you have achieved like we had to."

The player and the fans have to see it also.

You will know something has changed when Las Vegas starts changing the odds on the Cowboys as SB favorites.

We ain't there yet.

:omg:

Last edited:

Jenky

Reaction score
Poor Dak.

"Watch me pull a rabbit out of a hat" He would reach in the hat and have some rabbit ears in his hand and pull.

Everybody is taking shots at Dak over if he deserves to be the highest paid player in NFL history.

Aikman won in his 3rd year. Dak is going on his 6th year.

QBs that had to play up to and exceed the results of other QBs their contemporaries.

Dak simply has not arrived there yet. And he may never do it. You do not have to be a Dak Hater to know that.

Dak could still be among the greats except he has a distinct disadvantage. Aikman, Staubach won SBs early in their careers.

Dak has not and now he is entering his mid career. Getting older does not always mean better.

It means chances to win big are receding like cars in a rearview mirror. They get smaller.

Somebody should tell him he has the cart before the horse. Somebody needs to tell him he is running the risk of being known as the biggest bust in Cowboy history if he falls.

If he fails, he does not want to become a clique for failure. He is better off trying to take a competitive deal now and produce what he says he can.

Then come back and sign a new deal when the time is right. What he is doing is very high risk.

I started out liking Fak like most of us. I wanted him to blossom like Aikman and Rodger did. As fans that was great to feel a part of their success.

I was getting that feeling with Dak early on. But things have changed. Why I am not sure. But it had changed.

The Cowboy is a Nation has split into two camps. Why?

Becuz there are these two ghosts of past greatness tapping him on the shoulder saying..

"Its not your time. You are not ready. Come back when you have achieved like we had to."

You will know something has changed when Las Vegas starts changing the odds on the Cowboys as SB favorites.

We ain't there yet.

I stopped at poor Dak. Sorry, they are making him a more than fair offer. /Thread

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Poor Dak.

Aikman won in his 3rd year. Dak is going on his 6th year.

I started out liking Dak like most of us. I wanted him to blossom like Aikman and Rodger did. As fans that was great to feel a part of their success.

We ain't there yet.

I expect expectations to be sky high if he's awarded a record-breaking deal. Anytime something like that occurs, it's a quite natural reaction.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
For sure.

I just get tired of all the ridiculous labeling.

It just bores me. I am not a Dak hater.

Just a Cowboy Lover. A homey. A Home Run Cowboy fan

I will never apologize or make excuses about it.

Ain't my style.

Good to see you above ground my friend. Hope to see ya soon.
Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, it’s probably a duck.

Polkton31

Reaction score
There's a reason Staubach didn't go through this: There was no internet. As far as Aikman, he retired after the 2000 season, and the internet didn't go mainstream in american homes until 2001. If the internet had existed back in Staubach's time, or been mainstream in Aikman's time, I'm quite sure there would have been trolls back then as well.

fivetwos

Reaction score
QB salaries for some reason have gotten outrageously out of control over the last few years.

That's Prescotts biggest problem in the eyes of the fans.

They wanted more out of him in the past to justify it.

While he DID come up small in some spots, especially last year, I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to succeed with a scheme where the other teams can basically predict the play by the formation...ETC...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Staubach never had a chance. He retired over a decade before free agency. Anybody who thinks those old timers wouldn't have loved the chance to be a free agent is fooling themselves with nostalgia.

Of course it was great for fans. Players were basically indentured servants. The team that originally picked them owned them - players only moved via trade or if the team gave up on you. Those days are long gone.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Poor Dak.

We ain't there yet.

This is nonsensical. There was no free agency in Staubach's day. Team's owned the players, and the players had no other options and no bargaining power. There also were no giant TV contracts and very little of the business side of the game bore any resemblance to today.

Comparing that to Dak's situation is like comparing apples to used motor oil - not even in the in the same region of the world, much less in the same ballpark.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Poor Dak.

We ain't there yet.

This should be tagged as an example of a couch potato troll who acts like he knows more about football than the likes of Aikman, Staubach, etc. Keep embarrassing yourself with these troll threads. It’s entertaining.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Staubach never had a chance. He retired over a decade before free agency. Anybody who thinks those old timers wouldn't have loved the chance to be a free agent is fooling themselves with nostalgia.

Of course it was great for fans. Players were basically indentured servants. The team that originally picked them owned them - players only moved via trade or if the team gave up on you. Those days are long gone.
Miss those days.

You were not a fan until you saw Buddy Ryan shoot the finger at the Dallas bench during the Strike Season.

Or to here Jimmy Johnson complain about not shaking hands becuz Ryan ran his fat butt off the field to avoid Jimster.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Poor Dak.

We ain't there yet.

Why do ya play with me emotions?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This should be tagged as an example of a couch potato troll who acts like he knows more about football than the likes of Aikman, Staubach, etc. Keep embarrassing yourself with these troll threads. It’s entertaining.

Yes, comrade!
opinion is bad!
attack him with torches tonight!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All Dak has to do is sit back and wait for July 15th then sign the dotted line when the Cowboys fold and give him everything he is asking for.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
There's a reason Staubach didn't go through this: There was no internet. As far as Aikman, he retired after the 2000 season, and the internet didn't go mainstream in american homes until 2001. If the internet had existed back in Staubach's time, or been mainstream in Aikman's time, I'm quite sure there would have been trolls back then as well.
Aikman's time not mainstream internet days?

Revisionist history there to make up a point.

The WWW was totally mainstream back the

Holy cow Batman. How old were you then?

We were battling back and forth back then same as now.

Crazy statement.

Staubach was earlier but even in those days there was plenty of communication.

That answer just made my day. Only a millennial would pop up and whisper such stuff.

Nice.