Video: Why Dak is intriguing in 2018

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think I know what you were going to say.
But I will give someone else a shot at it to say it. :muttley:

Hint to you all...it rhymes with the Colts QB last name.
,,,:huh:,,,hockey puck?,,,no!,,,er,,,,wood duck?,,,dang-it!,,,,OK,OK,OK,,,,,I know what Big-G was wanting to infer,,,ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!,,,WOO-HOO& YEA-HOORAY FER THE "MELON of FEUD",,, whew! YA know? ,,,that one feller was spot on,as I kinda' am starting to become tired of WINNING all the TIMEo_O

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Ok, I listened for about a minute to get some real insight. Nah, none there. Just a talking head which anyone could be. Give me a microphone.

jday

Reaction score
Jay, dude, I was waiting for your story and you gave me this drivel lol. Oh da shame. Nice try tho
Well...

Every now and then a YouTube clip appears on my recommended page that I suspect will spark an interesting conversation; this fare is more about the comments. When someone like Dak is involved, it can get fun to watch. Call it a guilty pleasure....:grin:

Thanks for stopping by anywho. :thumbup:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thanks, jday! That short video is a microcosm of the CZ discussion of Dak: will he or won't he lead Cowboy fandom to the land of milk and honey? I daresay the fate of the entire universe as well as the storyline of Avengers 4 rests in Dak's capable hands.

Seriously, I was speaking to my son, the Millennialst, about the Cowboys recently and he observed that even if Dak repeated the magic of 2016, there would still be unhealthy criticism about the impending contract and whether Dak could do it again in 2019.

His most pithy comment was, " why can't the fans simply enjoy Dak for what he is - a competitor, a leader, dedicated to his craft, without the typical young person's attitude that someone owes him something". Proud of my son.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Bad year to have O-line issues.

From a front office perspective there is at least a silver lining...that is if they choose to look at it that way.

‘If’ the o-line is going to be hampered this year, it will give them the opportunity to see how Dak performs for a full season in less than ideal circumstances. They can use that info to determine how much to pay him on his next deal. Or, if things are really bad, they can choose not to look elsewhere.

jday

Reaction score
Thanks, jday! That short video is a microcosm of the CZ discussion of Dak: will he or won't he lead Cowboy fandom to the land of milk and honey? I daresay the fate of the entire universe as well as the storyline of Avengers 4 rests in Dak's capable hands.

Seriously, I was speaking to my son, the Millennialst, about the Cowboys recently and he observed that even if Dak repeated the magic of 2016, there would still be unhealthy criticism about the impending contract and whether Dak could do it again in 2019.

His most pithy comment was, " why can't the fans simply enjoy Dak for what he is - a competitor, a leader, dedicated to his craft, without the typical young person's attitude that someone owes him something". Proud of my son.
Good stuff from your son; you should be proud.

One of the big problems I have with the Dak sucks narrative, is the standard he is being held to. Not just his 2016 play, but also those who grade Dak against guys who have been doing it for much longer. The expectation was for him to be on their level already in his second season and with all the drama, injuries and suspensions that plagued that season, that simply wasn't realistic....with or without the distractions.

:thumbup:

jday

Reaction score
From a front office perspective there is at least a silver lining...that is if they choose to look at it that way.

‘If’ the o-line is going to be hampered this year, it will give them the opportunity to see how Dak performs for a full season in less than ideal circumstances. They can use that info to determine how much to pay him on his next deal. Or, if things are really bad, they can choose not to look elsewhere.
Also, like the experience may have done for Romo, having to win with a less then ideal offensive line in the long run may make him a better quarterback.

jday

Reaction score
Ok, I listened for about a minute to get some real insight. Nah, none there. Just a talking head which anyone could be. Give me a microphone.
But he had showmanship...

technology.gif

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Well...

Every now and then a YouTube clip appears on my recommended page that I suspect will spark an interesting conversation; this fare is more about the comments. When someone like Dak is involved, it can get fun to watch. Call it a guilty pleasure....:grin:

Thanks for stopping by anywho. :thumbup:

poop disturber lol

NotForLong

Reaction score
Why the "circle jerk" on how terrible this video is? Do we all agree to hate the " DakHater"

Cowboy Fans be like:

This video is right on point
But Cowboy Fans be like:
g3UxUE

HungryLion

Reaction score
Why the "circle jerk" on how terrible this video is? Do we all agree to hate the " DakHater"

Cowboy Fans be like:

This video is right on point
But Cowboy Fans be like:
g3UxUE

Man you really do have a persecution complex.

Wood

Reaction score
I drown the fake, douchey, media blowhards out more and more with each passing year. This guy is certainly no exception.

If you listen to it all way thru their analysis is actually on money. It was not anti-Dak video at all.