Why DeMarvion Overshown will be a heat seeking missile for the Dallas Cowboys

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn will figure out the best way to use him and he will be a impactful player. There is no question he has very high potential. I hope he turns out to be a late 3rd round steal that makes the league wonder why they passed on him.

JBS

Reaction score
I highly doubt he will be a day 1 starter

Jarntt

Reaction score
I think he will be a great STer from day 1. Hopefully we give him (or Cox or really both) some snaps in the nickel defense. We need a LB who can actually play some defense in the short middle of the field when we are in zone to let our pass rushers get to the QB. He is only playing in the base D if we go 3 LBs. He can play on the weakside. He isn't an NFL safety and he isn't likely playing the Kearse role as everyone is assuming. He was moved from safety because he is a better fit as a LB. He is a good fit for the Neal role which was more LB than safety even though both are hybrids roles. Not exactly the same. Love his potential.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I could see him being a better version of Kevin Burnett for us with Dan Quinn at the controls on defense.

I’m thinking a bigger Donovan Wilson.

Like when people think of Micah Parsons skill set I think this guy actually has the instincts to do the things that people think Parsons can do but really can’t.

Besides pass rushing of course.. I’ll believe it when I see it but they think he can do it.

Guarding the flats, spying QBs, and blitzing up the middle should be an easy transition for this guy.

JBS

Reaction score
I’m thinking a bigger Donovan Wilson.

Like when people think of Micah Parsons skill set I think this guy actually has the instincts to do the things that people think Parsons can do but really can’t.

Besides pass rushing of course.. I’ll believe it when I see it but they think he can do it.

Guarding the flats, spying QBs, and blitzing up the middle should be an easy transition for this guy.
Yeah, parsons can do all of those things you don’t think he can do

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, parsons can do all of those things you don’t think he can do
Parsons linebacking is so overrated it’s pathetic.

He lacks instincts for the position.

The Cowboys got it right by moving him from a position he doesn’t make an impact at.

JBS

Reaction score
Parsons linebacking is so overrated it’s pathetic.

He lacks instincts for the position.

The Cowboys got it right by moving him from a position he doesn’t make an impact at.
Yeah those aren’t the other things that you are referencing though..he can play all over the field..shoot, he can probably play in the slot and be halfway decent ..he definitely can cover rbs and tes