Why DeMarvion Overshown will be a heat seeking missile for the Dallas Cowboys

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Im kinda hesitant to say this as most will take it the wrong way.. but Roy Williams kinda comes to mind here, lets hope he doesnt fade like he did but I think those tools are there.
2 different positions bro. Roy Williams was a thumper but was bad in pass coverage. He got exposed badly when forced to cover as a Safety. DeMarvion Overshown is strictly a LB. He can do both well: hitting/tackling and pass coverage underneath.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Parsons linebacking is so overrated it’s pathetic.

He lacks instincts for the position.

The Cowboys got it right by moving him from a position he doesn’t make an impact at.
Nobody wants to swallow that truth pill. His college film showed it too. B b but STATS!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
2 different positions bro. Roy Williams was a thumper but was bad in pass coverage. He got exposed badly when forced to cover as a Safety. DeMarvion Overshown is strictly a LB. He can do both well: hitting/tackling and pass coverage underneath.
I get they played 2 diferent positions, I'm saying the Physicals are similar and Williams didnt suck at coverage from Day 1 he kinda faded, If Overshown can bring that kinda presence to the box and drop back in coverage that would be outstanding.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I expect great things from DeMo.... may not start his rookies season but will have impact on ST, and be in some rotation packages as well at LB. The player we all wanted Cox to be. I know he has first dibs at number 0 once Kearse is gone.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If they don’t create a role for him specifically designed to feature his strengths, he won’t make much of an impact.

But I believe that they have that role in mind for him in nickel packages, and if I’m a kick returner I’m not happy about him chasing me down with a head of steam on ST.

I can see him being used right and a fan favorite, but I can also see him being a little overwhelmed and not dressing early on.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’ll find out what Overshown will be when the games start. Hopefully he turns out to be a good player.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m thinking a bigger Donovan Wilson.

Like when people think of Micah Parsons skill set I think this guy actually has the instincts to do the things that people think Parsons can do but really can’t.

Besides pass rushing of course.. I’ll believe it when I see it but they think he can do it.

Guarding the flats, spying QBs, and blitzing up the middle should be an easy transition for this guy.
Stop you’re embarrassing yourself. Since you think Parson sucks as a LB, no one cares what you think.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I'm very curious to see how Dan Quinn uses and helps him develop.

Jayron Kearse was a decent guy coming into Dallas. 138 tackles in 5 seasons. He has 178 tackles in 2 seasons in Dallas

Kearse blitzed 29 times in 5 seasons
Kearse has blitzed 52 times in 2 seasons in Dallas (28 last year)

Kearse had 10 PDs in 5 seasons.
Kearse has had 15 PDs in 2 seasons in Dallas

So yeah, Quinn has been able to unlock the best of Kearse and I think he can do the same for Overshown

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just remember one thing when it comes to those that try to claim Micah isn't a good LB. It comes from the people who were laughably wrong about him during his draft. Rather than admit how wrong they were they do this. Pretend that the move to DE saved him because he's not any good at off ball LB.

They weren't wrong. The Cowboys just switched positions.

No. They were wrong. He's a Pro Bowl player at either position.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Just remember one thing when it comes to those that try to claim Micah isn't a good LB. It comes from the people who were laughably wrong about him during his draft. Rather than admit how wrong they were they do this. Pretend that the move to DE saved him because he's not any good at off ball LB.

They weren't wrong. The Cowboys just switched positions.

No. They were wrong. He's a Pro Bowl player at either position.
for sure he can play any position on the front 7 and be great no doubt... now dont know how long he would hold at DT but he would make plays there.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Talk is cheap until the games are real.

So many rooks have been talked up ridiculously here