kumizi

Reaction score
no idea to be honest

i guess once you win a super bowl, you automatically become good coach/player

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
MM is the one who decided to keep Moore

If Jerry wanted Moore gone he'd have been gone before he ever brought McCarthy on board. Obviously, Jerry didn't want Moore gone so what decision is there for a new coach to make?

"Thanks for the job Jerry, but I'm leaving my playbook at home. Let's go with this kid who I've never met until I got this job." :rolleyes:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it was Jerry's idea to keep KM and pawned it onto MM. And if that's the case, it's an epic mistake.
But they didn't keep him, he was released and had decided to take the WA OC job and McC talked him into coming back and I think the dealmaker was Moore calling the plays. I don't think they let him walk if they want to force the new HC to keep him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry wanted Moore gone he'd have been gone before he ever brought McCarthy on board. Obviously, Jerry didn't want Moore gone so what decision is there for a new coach to make?

"Thanks for the job Jerry, but I'm leaving my playbook at home. Let's go with this kid who I've never met until I got this job." :rolleyes:
He was gone. He'd already been offered the WA OC job and McC talked him into coming back.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
The only reason you dont change the OC is because you dont believe Dak can quickly, and effectively, pick up a new system.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I wonder if the lack of an on field off season program Steered the team into the decision of not changing much offensively. I’d hope not but you never know

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It was a safe hire. Not a great splash hire but not terrible. It was lukewarm. I didn't applaud it but I didn't hate it.

erod

Reaction score
I mean for the life of me I cannot understand why we brought MM in only to leave the offense alone and not inject any of his WC style into it? Going into this game I fully expected our offense to look like what the Rams played. Especially given the rookie starting at tackle. Instead we continued plays that required time to develop. Where as the Rams totally neutralized our pass rush with their offensive play calling ours played right into their DL's strength.

I have to hope at some point the light comes on and KM gets it or MM simply takes over the play calling duties because it is crystal clear the current KM offense isn't going to work against solid defensive teams. I had such high hopes for Dak in a WC offense it is so disappointing to see us basically running the same offense we have for the last 5 years.
Because Dak can't do what Rodgers and Farve did in Green Bay for him.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I mean for the life of me I cannot understand why we brought MM in only to leave the offense alone and not inject any of his WC style into it? Going into this game I fully expected our offense to look like what the Rams played. Especially given the rookie starting at tackle. Instead we continued plays that required time to develop. Where as the Rams totally neutralized our pass rush with their offensive play calling ours played right into their DL's strength.

I have to hope at some point the light comes on and KM gets it or MM simply takes over the play calling duties because it is crystal clear the current KM offense isn't going to work against solid defensive teams. I had such high hopes for Dak in a WC offense it is so disappointing to see us basically running the same offense we have for the last 5 years.

Unfortunately, if there is a change in play calling or scheme change, it will take place after a few consecutive bad offensive games.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
all I know is that I didn't see anything Sunday that would make me feel good about the MM hire. Not a single thing. He's supposed to put Dak in a position to succeed (if that's possible) and I didn't see anything different.

He actually regressed, remember how people were saying he couldn't win in the NFL because of throwing for less than 300 yards and like 6.5 yards per attempt, and 20-something tds a year?

Extrapolating this game to a year is 266 yards, 6.8 ypa and 16 tds.

So he's back to "bus driver" stats.

But it's only one game, lots of football to be played. We'll sit and watch....

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I mean for the life of me I cannot understand why we brought MM on
Consistency! That's why. MM is a proven winner. Jerry wanted a coach with NFL head coaching experience that could come in and be successful immediately

MM boasts a 125-77-2 record, .618 winning percentage, six division titles, 10-8 playoff record, four NFC title games, and one Super Bowl ring.

MM fits the bill to make this team an instant contender & not be graded by one GAME!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Same reason we do anything, the appearance of legitimacy while Jerry and Stephen play football GM.