Why did We sign a small back who runs 4.65?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Just don’t see Jerry passing on the top RB on the board. Especially, with pollard coming off injury.
Jerry might be doing titty twisters and knocking back some vodka shots if Bijan or Gibbs is there at 26...lmao... But yeah I agree.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Charbonnet is a guy to watch and the East Carolina kid Keeton Mitchell. My dark horse is the Tulsa rb Prince. I hear they really really like him. They been to watch him 3 times already. He is a complete rb with low miles. dont be shocked if we draft 2. MM luvs to be multiple.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
You have to have a plan in case the draft board doesn't fall into place. I'd rather have a strong rotational lineman in the second over a 3rd tier RB, for example. I'm not sure what happened with Jones in KC last season, but he had a strong start in Tampa before Fournette won the gig. Experienced depth is a good thing when you're looking at Rico Dowdle and Malik Davis backing up Pollard coming off of an injury.

Reactions: CWR

jay94

Reaction score
Zeke probably couldn't run 4.65 in his third season, mean while the vast majority of fans tout him as something special. In 2016 he had the greatest run blocking in the professional football league ever. Average talent, buying into the Jerry hoopla.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Is he lightning quick? I’d never unless he has emmitt or Barry quickness
Don’t worry about it.

They have coaches to sort this stuff out.

If you’re obsessing over this, enough to make a thread, I suggest you just sit back a bit and see where we end up in two months.

It’s not that serious.

T-RO

Reaction score
Jerry might be doing titty twisters and knocking back some vodka shots if Bijan or Gibbs is there at 26...lmao... But yeah I agree.

I'm one of those analytics guys who devalues running backs.

But if we get Bijan round 1...or Gibbs in round 2...I'm gonna crash Jerry's party. Show him some real titty twisters.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He averaged 4.22 yds per carry the last two seasons.

Zeke averaged 3.8 last season

Zeke averaged 2.4 in the playoffs.

He is an upgrade over Zeke and it is not even close...............that is why we signed him.
I don’t know about an upgrade….I thought he was a camp body and insurance in the case the draft doesn’t go how they want.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm one of those analytics guys who devalues running backs.

But if we get Bijan round 1...or Gibbs in round 2...I'm gonna crash Jerry's party. Show him some real titty twisters.

I understand the argument against. That said the impact rookie Zeke had on our season was tremendous. I'd love to see the impact Bijan could have on an even better roster. I dont necessarily believe it to be a wise choice, I'm just not strong enough to overcome the temptation.

Jarntt

Reaction score
What’s your point? Are you saying he sucks because he didn’t have a yard in the postseason and only 70 yards in the regular season?
Nope. Just saying that leading with 'he has two rings' is a little misleading

Big_D

Reaction score
this is nothing more than a RB fighting for a roster spot looking to be part of a committee. If he can earn a role.. more power to him. I still predict possibly 2 RBs in the draft and some undrafteds.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
What he do…eat Andy’s donuts? Wasn’t Helaire injured much of the season?
HE was injured most of the second half. Of course, before that the Chiefs weren't running it a ton anyway. Pacheco took over in early November and along with McKinnon handled all the RB duties. Found an article that said Jones had a hard time picking up the offense and he wasn't really ready to start the season so he ended up behind the other three.

He had a very solid year with the Bucs splitting time with Fournette. Worth kicking the tires on.