Why did We sign a small back who runs 4.65?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Is he lightning quick? I’d never unless he has emmitt or Barry quickness
He pulled a hammy on that 4.65 then ran a 4.48 a month later.....not that I trust Pro Day 40 times but everyone thought he was a sub 4.5 guy. Doubt he still is after several nfl years

No idea what his real time is but 4.65 was with injury.

Anyway, he's just competing for a spot on the roster behind Pollard.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I appreciate this place more than I could possibly express, and I very much appreciate the mods that do their unappreciated job for free, but is there any possible means of not allowing ridiculously ridiculous threads to gain life in the first place?
It helps drive traffic so I doubt it.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Pto
He pulled a hammy on that 4.65 then ran a 4.48 a month later.....not that I trust Pro Day 40 times but everyone thought he was a sub 4.5 guy. Doubt he still is after several nfl years

No idea what his real time is but 4.65 was with injury.

Anyway, he's just competing for a spot on the roster behind Pollard.
day tones are ajaYs times faster . They’re not electronic. To help you understand. Revis ran 4.50. Then ran 4.38 at his pro days. No Claiborne ran 4.50 at the combine as well. He ran 4.38 at his pro day. They were drafted in different years. A low 4.3 at a pro day is a low to mid 4.4 officially.

Havic

Reaction score
Jones is a boring sign and tbh makes it seem like rb is not on the radar for the draft

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I appreciate this place more than I could possibly express, and I very much appreciate the mods that do their unappreciated job for free, but is there any possible means of not allowing ridiculously ridiculous threads to gain life in the first place?
Are you advocating censorship over your discernment?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Pto

day tones are ajaYs times faster . They’re not electronic. To help you understand. Revis ran 4.50. Then ran 4.38 at his pro days. No Claiborne ran 4.50 at the combine as well. He ran 4.38 at his pro day. They were drafted in different years. A low 4.3 at a pro day is a low to mid 4.4 officially.
I'm one who has always said that pro-day times are not trustworthy.
No need to explain
:thumbup:

JBS

Reaction score
Pto

Not all pro days are equal

JSN just ran 4.53 at his pro day. You think he’s a mid 4.6 guy? Not likely

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
we have reached peak wild take junction of the off-season.

we signed the guy to a vet min deal with only 150K GTD.
he's basically insurance in case we come up empty in the draft.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not all pro days are equal

JSN just ran 4.53 at his pro day. You think he’s a mid 4.6 guy? Not likely
OSU has a notoriously fast turf and yes there were lots of report he ran mid 4.6s.
The fact he skipped the 40 at the combine but did everything else speaks for himself.

All that said, 40 times are vastly overrated.

JBS

Reaction score
OSU has a notoriously fast turf and yes there were lots of report he ran mid 4.6s.
The fact he skipped the 40 at the combine but did everything else speaks for himself.

All that said, 40 times are vastly overrated.
Ran mid 4.6s when? Not today

fivetwos

Reaction score
You're a good man, Kool aide dude.
I leave that as a slight to myself, as I fall for it every year, and will again and again.

I no longer feed Jerry’s pocket at least. I also once pissed in the ocean. It didn’t turn yellow.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ran mid 4.6s when? Not today
It was projected/expected that he would run 4.6 if he ran at the combine.
Kid has every tool in the belt but his 40 speed was a major concern.

He will fall a bit. OSU Pro Day 40 times are in fact inflated.

40 times are overrated but Jaxon is not straight line fast. Both things can be very true.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As of now, Ron Jones is not much more than a safety net for whomever we draft in April. He's capable of a decent level of running ability and breaks tackles with reasonable consistency. Let's not assume he's being relied upon as our main starter or anything of the sort. We'll draft a good RB in the upcoming draft and likely rely upon him to become our starter early-on in the season that lies ahead. Let's have some measure of hope that our draft will provide a very promising RB to be welcomed onto this team. This draft holds great promise to fulfill our need at RB, with much talent to be had.

Last edited:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
There is no way to know Zeke's 40 time. He hasn't made it past 5 yards in years.