Why didn't they just keep Collins and draft Linderbaum

TheHerd

Reaction score
Linderbaum is too small and light weighted in a division with nasty DT you face twice a year.

He cant deal with Jordan Davis or Jonathan Allen twice a year.

And you think Biadaz can? We're still screwed at C. Linderbaum would have been a great pick, but the Boys had zero interest and made it very clear he wasn't even a consideration.

Robster8989

Reaction score
Lol. Linderbaum is the best center prospect in the last decade. Why on earth would the cowboys want him. Get out of here with that nonsense

Seriously.
Linderbaum was magnificent in one of the top conferences in college.
He looks to me like a carbon copy of TFred.
And like 298 is too small, but 305 is fine.
The dude is a mauler, and one of the smartest players I've seen since TFred.
I'm not hating on the Smith pick, we will have to wait and see. He has amazing upside, but don't belittle Linderbaum just to make yourself feel better. He is the real deal.
Did you guys see that video of him wrestling Trystan Wirfs in high school?
It was insane. I'm in San Diego and we used to have the San Diego Chicken who did comedy at halftime of games, he was one of the first to do the bit where he had the life size referee doll, and threw the thing around like a rag doll.
Thats what Linderbaum did to Wirfs.
Wirfs was way bigger and Linderbaum just mauls him, it's comical to watch.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
And you think Biadaz can? We're still screwed at C. Linderbaum would have been a great pick, but the Boys had zero interest and made it very clear he wasn't even a consideration.

for good reason.

C isn’t a problem.

Biadasz is the reason Looney is gone.

CoachD

Reaction score
Here's your problem. You are trying to think logically. Knock back some johnnie walker blue label and then come back and post. Only then will you start to understand the mindset of this front office.
After the Cowboys first round pick I just might do that, and most likely I'll feel better about the pick too.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
To be clear, it was spoken about widely that Dallas didn't have much pre-draft interest in Linderbaum. He wasn't an official 30 visitor & it was clear they didn't see his smaller stature as a fit for what they wanted to do under OL coach Joe Philbin!

LittleD

Reaction score
If you are telling me that Fredbeard is a way better player, you are wrong. Both are/were equal in talent.

I'm not wrong and I'm telling you Frederick was the bomb and the best center Cowboys have ever fielded.