Why didnt we at least make a call to Belichick

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Over the last 2 year there has been rumors Belichick may be interested in moving on if the right opportunity came along. He also works under 1 year contracts so contract wasnt an issue. Now reading Belichick may look to move on this year if Brady stays (which he says he wants to). Curious why we didnt at least make a phone call to see what Bills thought were before making our hire.
Another concern here is NY is also looking and if Belichick is serious about moving on while I think he would have taken our opening he also has a history with the Giants.
We rushed to hire a coach that collapsed in his last two years with the players saying the game passed him by (or maybe he was to busy getting those massages instead of going to the team meetings). At the same time we didnt at least inquire if there any interest from one of the top 3 coaches to ever play the game.
If he goes to NY I think we may regret our hire at least twice a year.
McCarthy is ok but hes not in the same league as Belichick. I think we blew a golden opportunity
maybe we did....probably he said not interested. can you imagine Bilicheck working with Jerry!!! I seriously doubt it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Over the last 2 year there has been rumors Belichick may be interested in moving on if the right opportunity came along. He also works under 1 year contracts so contract wasnt an issue. Now reading Belichick may look to move on this year if Brady stays (which he says he wants to). Curious why we didnt at least make a phone call to see what Bills thought were before making our hire.
Another concern here is NY is also looking and if Belichick is serious about moving on while I think he would have taken our opening he also has a history with the Giants.
We rushed to hire a coach that collapsed in his last two years with the players saying the game passed him by (or maybe he was to busy getting those massages instead of going to the team meetings). At the same time we didnt at least inquire if there any interest from one of the top 3 coaches to ever play the game.
McCarthy is ok but hes not in the same league as Belichick. I think we blew a golden opportunity
How do you know we didn't?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
pretty sure there's a life and things that happen OUTSIDE this forum...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't know if they kicked that around but does anyone think Booger is ready for the second coming of Parcells? Belichick has one more ring than the Cowboys do in their history and anyone that considers hiring him must put him in complete charge of the team. Anyone see Booger doing that?

Besides that, isn't hiring the GOAT throwing in the towel on the title Football Man?

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Called Tampering....Bill is under contract
I was going to say the same thing, but since the details of Bill Belichick's contract have not been disclosed for well over a decade, no one really knows if or when his contract expires. It may have already expired or it may NEVER expire. Which makes the OP's clear and obvious statement that he "works under 1 year contracts" an absolute farce. Unless the OP is somehow involved in Bill's contract negotiation; which I find unlikely.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Will you guys stop.

What makes you think he wants to come here?

What makes you THINK the Cowboys are the best franchise to be at? Look at our history of the last 20 years. Nothing impressive.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
45 years later,

Some Cowboys fan: Hey Guys, even tho Jimmy Johnson is dead, he wants to come back, trust me.