Why didn't we resign Peters?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Because he's just one play away from a permanent walker. Great mentor though. Would have liked them to have brought him on as an assistant coach. Could see the respect from the rookies.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Was there ever any rationale given for not signing Peters?

Peters still wants to play. He was a quality starter at *multiple* positions last year. I'd take him as the gameday backup at 4 positions over all our other backups, including Chuma. But fine. Maybe they just love love love Chuma. If they like Chuma more than Peters, then keep them both, because Peters' value was *more* than established last year.

Once we didn't draft interior oline high, signing Peters was a no-brainer to me. Still is, especially if we're trying to make a run this year, which seems to be the case.
Cause he would constantly get hurt and wasn’t good anymore

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Bagman

Reaction score
Just too old. Turn the page. There's got to be at least one other guy in North America who can play Oline for Dallas. Find him

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Peters still wants to play. He was a quality starter at *multiple* positions last year. I'd take him as the gameday backup at 4 positions over all our other backups, including Chuma. But fine. Maybe they just love love love Chuma. If they like Chuma more than Peters, then keep them both, because Peters' value was *more* than established last year.

Once we didn't draft interior oline high, signing Peters was a no-brainer to me. Still is, especially if we're trying to make a run this year, which seems to be the case.
Agreed, it's a real head scratcher.....
Waiting for after the first game so his contract is not guaranteed?

rambo2

Reaction score

Because he is 41.