Why do fellow fans root against our team?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I see it all the time.. usually in the "predict the score" threads.

Perhaps my choice of words was less than desired. They're don't necessarily root for us to lose. They just predict we'll lose and then use that prediction as a means to bash.

lots of pessimistic outlooks. I think because people have rooted for wins and were let down. Jerry hypes us up and we get let down. But you are right were going to the SB.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
lots of pessimistic outlooks. I think because people have rooted for wins and were let down. Jerry hypes us up and we get let down. But you are right were going to the SB.
Jerry deserves some credit for saying "screw all of you.. I'm going to get Amari Cooper."

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nobody roots against the Cowboys in here Bleu. But everybody in here roots for an end to mediocracy.

We get a franchise QB and the defense sucks.
We get great defense, running game and elite wide receiver and our QB is suspect.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to fix what doesn't work and it doesn't diminish us as fans for wanting to do so.
How about we just get the coaching right?

Hardline

Reaction score
Some of us have the mindset that you have to break a few eggs to get an omelet.
Just look at Garrett as an egg.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
You're right, it's bad - I've never understood how you can consider yourself a fan but pick against your team in football pools that mean nothing and "predict the score threads". Send positive vibes to the team that you "root for".
I've participated in many pools and never once picked against Dallas, even though, in some cases, their chances of winning were slim to none. I couldn't conceive of being happy for coming out ahead in a pool at the expense of a loss. My heart just would never let me do it.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Is it trendy or something? It baffles me. I see it all the time and just can't comprehend the mindset.

Someone will predict that we'll lose or just simply root against a win because they hate someone or something that comprises our Cowboys.

Then ....

When we win, said "fan" disappears. Straight milk carton. :rolleyes:

I just don't get it.

When I die, my coffin will be lined with half full glasses of that special Cowboys sauce.

There are some cool things about these message boards, like interacting with fellow fans you'd never know otherwise.

One of the downsides are fans who become so invested in their opinions that they'd rather be "right", than see the team succeed and have to admit they were wrong.

InTheZone

Reaction score
A lot of overreactions. There could be 3 people out of 1 million fans this thread pertains to and this thread would exist.