Why do teams always wait to attack teams?

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
kØwbØy said:
I ask myself the same thing. a lil' off topic here, but its kinda like in soccer. I'm a soccer fan, and sumtimes teams play so conservative and the other team scores, and with 2 mins left in the game all of a sudden they are in a hurry to tie it up or sumthing. its like..why dont you play like this from the beginning?

Well in soccer, if you go all out, you leave yourself open to the counter attack. That's why teams dont do it for 90 minutes, rahter opting to go for it when losing 2-0 is about the same as going down 1-0...you dont really see teams going all out in a 2 leg game, in the 1st game if they are down 1-0.

But I agree. We didn't attack downfield enough. That would have helped us immensely

cowboys19

Reaction score
If we opened it up anymore our D would have been out there longer, and the score might have been worse

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
cowboys19 said:
If we opened it up anymore our D would have been out there longer, and the score might have been worse

Id rather have the defense out there a little gassed with a lead rather than a rested team preserving a tie.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
haha.

A: I dont have a lazy-boy, nor recliner. The closest thing is my office chair which has the stiff or lean feature.

B: My A/C is set around 70 degrees year-round. I like it cool.

C: So Bledsoe can excuse himself from the poor performance due to bad weather ? Didnt he play in NE and Buffalo, not to mention Washington State.

Gimme a break bro.

As far as the humidity excuse... hello... they make gatorade for a reason.

Okay. No lazy-boy and you like the moderate temp. of 70. Are ya at least fat and Happy?

Comparing hot to cold. My God, what a revelation! Where have the rest of us been?
Activity in cold temperatures can keep the body warm, moronovich. Activity in hot, humid weather keeps the body over heated. I find it to be a darn shame one would have to explain something so simple to a grown man.
:bang2:

I just gave you free education. There's your break BRO. Want another?

gbrittain

Reaction score
Coakleys Dad said:
3rd and 14... a draw to barber?????????????? that was the game right there.....

That was one of the most pathetic calls I have seen in a while...please do not bring that back up. J/K

Seven

Reaction score
billknows said:
I lived in Texas and in South florida, Texas is much hotter than Floida in sept. , and it's not even close...

This year?
New Mexico rarely has monsoons. So bad this year our beloved Hatch chile may not be available.

Lived in Austin. Family in southern Florida. The humidity is 10x worse in Florida. Now live in Phoenix. 110+ temperatures. Monsoon season average 99-105 degress. Throw in the humidity and it's miserable.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jja050575 said:
Why do teams always wait till the last part of the game to attack a team downfield when they don't do it all game long? I mean how many times did Bledsoe throw downfield? Twice. One was to T.O. which drew a pass interference, and one to Glenn for a long completion. Why that late? If anything take the chance, eight times out of ten it would draw a PI, or a completion. Playing conservative is definately going to be our demise, we have to attack!!!

One reason the Jags started rushing only 4 late in the game with the others dropping off into coverage. For the most part you see that with most teams who have late leads in a game. Post game locker room show Bledsoe said they tried to go deep to Glenn earlier in the game but it was not there.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
jja050575 said:
Why do teams always wait till the last part of the game to attack a team downfield when they don't do it all game long? I mean how many times did Bledsoe throw downfield? Twice. One was to T.O. which drew a pass interference, and one to Glenn for a long completion. Why that late? If anything take the chance, eight times out of ten it would draw a PI, or a completion. Playing conservative is definately going to be our demise, we have to attack!!!

Because you risk a lot when you just blatantly air it out. If you get nothing out of it, you give the ball back to the opposing team rather quickly...thus keeping your defense out on the field for a long time. Time of possession has a very high correlation to winning.

Also, with airing it out comes 7 step dropbacks and teams knowing you're going to air it out...thus they can tee off on your QB.

The fact of the matter is that Bledsoe was terrible yesterday. Airing it out was probably the last thing you really want to do. And if he could've just made some decent decisions and accurate throws, they probably win the game. Instead, he missed a wide open Owens for a TD on the second possession, he threw an INT right before the half that led to a TD, and threw another crucial INT in the 4th quarter.

They did run the ball on FIVE consecutive 2nd downs, but 4 of them were in short yardage situations and when your QB is struggling, I think you just want to get first downs rather than rely on him.

I think for the most part, offensive playcalling isn't really the issue against the Jags. And it's hard to be aggressive when your QB is playing poorly.

YAKUZA

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
Did bledsoe even have enough time to throw down the field? Im sure they called a couple of deep shots, but bledsoe didnt have the time to get the throws off and get it downfield.

Just my opinion.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
Did bledsoe even have enough time to throw down the field? Im sure they called a couple of deep shots, but bledsoe didnt have the time to get the throws off and get it downfield.

Just my opinion.

I'm going to be looking at the game again, but he seemed to have plenty of time yesterday.

It's like I said, I got worried when the rain started to come down. That was when they had a 7-0 lead (and made it look easy) and then just nailed a FG to go up 10-0.

Bledsoe started off like that against Seattle last year, looking pretty good until the rain came down and then looking awful. Couldn't hit wide open passes and started making bad reads. Although the O-Line was a lot worse in the Seattle game, once the rain started to come down Bledsoe was missing wide open guys and then started making bad reads.

The silver lining is that I'm confident if he gets the same protection and the weather is nice, he'll play a lot better. However, the chances of us playing in crappy weather again are pretty high.

YAKUZA

Seven

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:

Just my opinion.

I think he did. He seemed nervous back there when it seemed to be no reason for it. I dunno.....JMO

gbrittain

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:

Just my opinion.

I would have to disagree. I am sure there were occasions that Bledsoe would not have had time, but that is not the case for the whole game.

QBs get sacked and hurried, people around here act like Bledsoe is the only one that it happens to and nevermind the fact that he is responsible for a great deal of them.

How many people thought highly of Mark Tuinei, Kevin Gogan, and Nate Newton in 1988 or 1989? No one did, that is who.

Dallas got a QB, RB and WR and the next thing you know they constitute 3/5ths of one of the best offensive lines to ever play the game.

I am in no shape or form suggesting this OL could be on that level, but I can almost guarantee you they are better than advertised.

Ask any Drew supporter and they will tell you poor Bledsoe has never had a good offensive line...Hmm, should make one think a little.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
I would have to disagree. I am sure there were occasions that Bledsoe would not have had time, but that is not the case for the whole game.

QBs get sacked and hurried, people around here act like Bledsoe is the only one that it happens to and nevermind the fact that he is responsible for a great deal of them.

How many people thought highly of Mark Tuinei, Kevin Gogan, and Nate Newton in 1988 or 1989? No one did, that is who.

Dallas got a QB, RB and WR and the next thing you know they constitute 3/5ths of one of the best offensive lines to ever play the game.

I am in no shape or form suggesting this OL could be on that level, but I can almost guarantee you they are better than advertised.

Ask any Drew supporter and they will tell you poor Bledsoe has never had a good offensive line...Hmm, should make one think a little.

I've been saying it for 2 years now...With Bledose it's ALWAYS about the poor OL play.

Sort of the reverse situation of Emmitt somehow always having a great OL from the time he was in HS thru the NFL. Hmm...:rolleyes: