Why do the Cowboys always lose the same way in big games?

Cmac

Reaction score
Because they and we expect the QB (including the beloved TRomo) to cover up/mask everything wrong with this team.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
All I saw once again was a QB fold under the pressure.

Defense was horrible too, as they have been the past few weeks.

NOBODY GETS A PASS
NOBODY IS SAFE.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Everything is so difficult for the Cowboys offense in big games. Throwing windows seem nonexistent and Dak routinely looks confused/outmatched. A high-powered regular season offense gets stifled in the playoffs. The players look out of position and are very undisciplined. Over and over again.

On the flip side, Cowboys’ opponents’ WRs seem to always be running wide open and the QB seems so sure of himself and making timely and accurate throws. Throwing lanes are huge and running lanes are more like two-lane freeways. Cowboys defense plays timid and lacks the discipline to even keep the team in the game. Over and over again.

My question is, why?

Coaching? Is it all scheme deficiencies on Dallas’ part?

It is more on the players?

Is it culture and an organization that just rewards mediocrity?

I’m genuinely confused how this team can look so bad in the same way, no matter who the coach or players are. For 20+ years, this has been the MO for the Dallas Cowboys.

Does anyone have any constructive suggestions as to why?

What can be done to correct it?

On to the offseason. Enjoyed it, fellas.
They are a finesse team, not physical tough team, so when hit on the mouth , they fold.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Will we always lose the big playoff games?
21n59k.jpg

bewp7

Reaction score
they do not have the coach or qb

mccarthy not it, dak not it, garrett not it, romo not it, and on and on since aikman and jimmy

they have not had either one so they lose to team that do

u need at least 1 to make a run

it is that simple imo

hutch1254

Reaction score
This was historically bad, so by definition, it wasn’t the same way
That may be but this team has found plenty of ways to lose big games in embarrassing fashion in the last 5 to 10 years. Also in ways that you wouldn't think of. And the embarrassement is also amplified compared to other teams due to the star on the helmet.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Everything is so difficult for the Cowboys offense in big games. Throwing windows seem nonexistent and Dak routinely looks confused/outmatched. A high-powered regular season offense gets stifled in the playoffs. The players look out of position and are very undisciplined. Over and over again.

On the flip side, Cowboys’ opponents’ WRs seem to always be running wide open and the QB seems so sure of himself and making timely and accurate throws. Throwing lanes are huge and running lanes are more like two-lane freeways. Cowboys defense plays timid and lacks the discipline to even keep the team in the game. Over and over again.

My question is, why?

Coaching? Is it all scheme deficiencies on Dallas’ part?

It is more on the players?

Is it culture and an organization that just rewards mediocrity?

I’m genuinely confused how this team can look so bad in the same way, no matter who the coach or players are. For 20+ years, this has been the MO for the Dallas Cowboys.

Does anyone have any constructive suggestions as to why?

What can be done to correct it?

On to the offseason. Enjoyed it, fellas.
I think there's a couple things at play.

1) The first few times it happened it was probably coincidental, then it starts getting in players and coaches heads and the pressure mounts across decades.

2) The Cowboys have hired mostly players coaches because they're probably easier to get along with Jones. Discipline and details matter and we often get outcoached in games that matter the most.

DaleMc

Reaction score
Owner medaling, poor preparation, poor coaching, poor game plan and predictable defense and offense.

gtdRR

Reaction score
As a whole it's the culture. We always think we are better than we are. Nothing has changed with this team for the past 27 years. Not stopping the run was a glaring issue last year and Jerrah did nothing to address it during the off season, even at mid season when we lost all LBs, no trades were made to address it. "I like our guys".

Just looking at this season, why did anyone think these playoffs would be different? We didn't have one COMPLETE playoff type win other than against the Eagles, and honestly I don't take too much from division games. Against teams above .500 we did not look good. 49ers, Bills everyone was beyond terrible. Seahawks, defense was terrible. Lions, Dolphins offense was terrible.

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

Over the past three decades. The cowboys have had multiple head coaches and players. Different personal and staff, and time and time again it’s as if you’re seeing an exact replica of previous teams.

Same bone headed play calling and same penalties and lack of discipline.

And in the span of these decades, the only common denominator has always been Jerry Jones.

Jerry needs to take some time to reflect before spewing nonsense.