Why Do We Annouce Injuries So Early?

Reaction score
Why would we mention that Barber is not playing. He is listed as questionable, and that is ALL that the NFL requires.

Why tip your hand. Play a little gamesmanship Wade and make the opponent think until the last moment when you annouce the inactives.

I hate the guy, but maybe copying a few things the hoodie up in New England does might not be a bad idea... :banghead:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, Barber wasn't on the plane. I'm sure the mediots would've noticed that anyway.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
It's called an airplane. Every team that doesn't fly a guy to a game announces it early. Not just our stupid front office.

:bang2:

Reaction score
Hostile;2464496 said:
It's called an airplane. Every team that doesn't fly a guy to a game announces it early. Not just our stupid front office.

Okay...can't you put him on the plane?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2464501 said:
Why would you? That is a waste of money.

Agreed, why should he even make the trip when he needs to be back for next week? Kind of pointless.

Reaction score
Hostile;2464501 said:
Why would you? That is a waste of money.

the team is worth over 1 billion (i think)...i am sure they can afford one more seat on the charter...and a day ro so of per diem.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Rampage;2464503 said:
but our owner is Jerry Jones

Thank goodness. Anywho...

This is a ridiculous thread. This is how things are done for every team. Trying to "blame" anyone is asinine and pointless.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He needs to keep it elevated. He's not going to play. Not going to dress out. There is no need for him to go. There is however a need for him to keep his foot elevated and receive treatment here daily. Which he wouldn't get taking an unnessary trip out of town. I would have insisted he stay for therapy. Maybe they can get him back for the NY game. Or the one after.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
jobberone;2464513 said:
He needs to keep it elevated. He's not going to play. Not going to dress out. There is no need for him to go. There is however a need for him to keep his foot elevated and receive treatment here daily. Which he wouldn't get taking an unnessary trip out of town. I would have insisted he stay for therapy. Maybe they can get him back for the NY game. Or the one after.

Yep.

And frankly, this game is not as important as the next one. We need to win next week vs. the Giants much more than we need to win this one. Plus, all those Choice fans are getting their wish and I hope the kid goes off.

(TEXAS Cowboy fans ******!)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they must turn in their players whoare eligible for the game on Fridays to get to 47. Or they use to do that. Then announce the other 2 a few hours before the game to get to 45.

Reaction score
jobberone;2464513 said:

You need to elevate a dislocated toe?

Reaction score
jazzcat22;2464522 said:
they must turn in their players whoare eligible for the game on Fridays to get to 47. Or they use to do that. Then announce the other 2 a few hours before the game to get to 45.

This answer (if true) is what i can live with. That's why I was asking for help on this one...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Given the obvious severity of MBIII's injury, I can't see where the Stealers would have much to gain by announcing he wouldn't play if we had announced that last Monday.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
To OP:

You start the most ridiculous threads...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile;2464496 said:

Yeah but maybe they could had a Marion Barber look alike on the plane...maybe they could have purchased a MB fathead and glued it to someone and had him walk off the plane.

You just never think outside of the box. :D