Why do you think no decision has been announced yet?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
My guess is that Jerry just cannot talk himself into letting Garrett go. I think he is giving Garrett enough time to propose a whole new staff with Garrett still as HC. Jerry is betting that in a few weeks the fan base will not be as mad.

But deep in his heart he knows Garrett just can't get the job done and he has to move to plan B. I hope Jerry has plan B already ironed out because no amount of time is enough for the fan base to accept Garrett back.

quickccc

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to let everyone guess at why they think no decision has been made yet.

My theory is that *IF* the Cowboys are indeed not re-signing Garrett, the guy they want is on the staff of a playoff team, likely a highly seeded team with a bye week, so they know they can let Garrett finish out his contract and avoid actually "firing" him while still going after the guy they want once that happens.

What is your guess?

Either it's the vikes OC Kevin stefanski
Or its already been decided that the new head coach will be ( drum roll pleease) Kellen Moore

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If that is actually the intent, these people are even dumber than I give them credit for. That they would actually wait two weeks so they can farcically say that 'he wasn't technically fired' is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
I agree and people on here talk like it is a legitimate reason to wait. I don’t understand some people.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree and people on here talk like it is a legitimate reason to wait. I don’t understand some people.

You need to understand that they will make any and every excuse that they can for their favorite team. They will intentionally blind themselves to any mistakes or Dysfunction and pass it off as normal. Some think that their fanhood requires themselves and everyone else to do so.

They're wrong.

plasticman

Reaction score
It's just grandstanding by Jerry. He's not ready to end his season so he has to create suspense in order to continue being relevant.

While the real GM's in the business get to enjoy their hard earned success by watching their teams compete in the playoffs, Jerry is attempting to hog a little more attention by drawing out Garrett's termination.

The media should walk away and concentrate on some great playoff matchups. Nothing to see here, at some point he will hire the next coach he ends up sabotaging by stripping him of his authority and, hence, his ability to earn the respect of his team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought it would be fun to let everyone guess at why they think no decision has been made yet.

My theory is that *IF* the Cowboys are indeed not re-signing Garrett, the guy they want is on the staff of a playoff team, likely a highly seeded team with a bye week, so they know they can let Garrett finish out his contract and avoid actually "firing" him while still going after the guy they want once that happens.

What is your guess?

Jerry offered Garrett another job (not coaching) and they've been discussing it.

The coach they plan to interview is not available yet OR they've already agreed with a new HC but have not announced it.

Side Note: If the new HC is a minority they don't have to interview another coach to fulfill the Rooney Rule.

Shane612

Reaction score
No decision is made, because Jerry can't find anyone who wants to work for him.
:muttley::facepalm::muttley::facepalm:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What is your guess?

With regards to the CZ lockout...this keeps coming to mind for me...:)

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It's just grandstanding by Jerry. He's not ready to end his season so he has to create suspense in order to continue being relevant.

While the real GM's in the business get to enjoy their hard earned success by watching their teams compete in the playoffs, Jerry is attempting to hog a little more attention by drawing out Garrett's termination.

The media should walk away and concentrate on some great playoff matchups. Nothing to see here, at some point he will hire the next coach he ends up sabotaging by stripping him of his authority and, hence, his ability to earn the respect of his team.

This. Keep talking about the successful teams in the playoffs right now. Stop giving him attention and Jerry will choke up. Stop making every segment on Undisputed about him, stop talking about him on ESPN and NFL Network, stop talking about the Cowboys in general and he will panic and press the media publicity stunt button (aka, officially releasing Garrett or speaking about a coaching candidate).

garyo1954

Reaction score
No splash hires Jerry can make that excite him.
Jerry is unprepared to move on even though he's had a year or better to compile a short list of coaching candidates.
He doesn't want to lose Garrett. Garrett doesn't want to go.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

What is your guess?

Business as usual. Doing things "their way", again.

It truly is amazing that this team has gone almost a quarter century without reaching an NFCCG. What could possibly be the problem?

jerry-stephen.jpg

erod

Reaction score
JG is nothing special, they don't need to announce he's gone. Just announce when they are interviewing his replacement.
Meanwhile, Garrett and his staff are potentially missing out on other opportunities.

What Jerry is doing is wrong.

Again.