Why does Dallas always go to extremes Offensively?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
One year we pass the ball more than anyone.

The next year we run the ball more than anyone.

This year we've just decided to be the most predictable team in the league.

I like that we used to check out of defensive formations that were to heavy to run against and I also like the mentality of sometimes you have to run it at those heavy run D formations.

Why can't we just find a balance?

Why do we have to provide tendencies to the entire league and stick to them?

Jason Garrett and the offensive coaching staff have to drop this arrogant mentality.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
maybe its because the coaches are not as good as we thought I think murray gets the lions share of the credit for last year success to go from a playoff team to a also ran in one year is huge dropoff

daveferr33

Reaction score
I think they are just trying to go with what works.

They found out they could run the ball last season, so they stuck with it.

What is concerning, however, is their predictability. I wonder if they are studying their own tendencies.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Having to start a terrible qb they can't trust, an OL with early injuries who aren't hitting on all cylinders, and getting behind late in games kind of makes it difficult to be balanced.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
It's been reactionary coaching, and roster structuring, for many years.

erod

Reaction score
My hope is that Cassel will give Linehan confidence to open it up a bit. He obviously has no faith in Weeden.

This is exposing Williams and Beasley as very much products of Romo and Dez.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
maybe its because the coaches are not as good as we thought I think murray gets the lions share of the credit for last year success to go from a playoff team to a also ran in one year is huge dropoff

I would think most teams would drop off losing their star QB and WR.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
My hope is that Cassel will give Linehan confidence to open it up a bit. He obviously has no faith in Weeden.

This is exposing Williams and Beasley as very much products of Romo and Dez.

They should've opened it up with Weeden. They should've tried to be less predictable with their playcalling and do more short passing on first and second downs instead of just accepting what was not working over and over and over.

Garrett has been gutless so far without Romo.

They play not to lose and of course we lose.

I'd rather go down swinging then not even throw a punch.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I would think most teams would drop off losing their star QB and WR.

I would think most teams could win a couple of games without their star QB and WR.

IF we can't win a couple of games with Matt Cassel than we are truly hopeless.

If the Cleveland Browns can win games with Josh McCown and Travis Benjamin then we should be able to piece something together.

erod

Reaction score
They should've opened it up with Weeden. They should've tried to be less predictable with their playcalling and do more short passing on first and second downs instead of just accepting what was not working over and over and over.

Garrett has been gutless so far without Romo.

They play not to lose and of course we lose.

I'd rather go down swinging then not even throw a punch.

Weeden just can't. He locks on one guy, won't step up in the pocket, bails out the back, then throws it up for grabs. I was shocked at just how "Stephen McGee" he was.

erod

Reaction score
We were extremely predictable last year; Murray, Romo, and Dez made Garrett/Linehan look good, not the other way around.

The most predictable offenses in NFL history were the early 90s Cowboys and Brady's Patriots.

That has nothing to do with it.

Junglist

Reaction score
The most predictable offenses in NFL history were the early 90s Cowboys and Brady's Patriots.

That has nothing to do with it.
That's fine; they were both hard to stop. But we aren't any of those teams, or even the 2014 Cowboys, yet they keep calling plays like they are.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
I would think most teams could win a couple of games without their star QB and WR.

IF we can't win a couple of games with Matt Cassel than we are truly hopeless.

If the Cleveland Browns can win games with Josh McCown and Travis Benjamin then we should be able to piece something together.

I think we will

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the steelers found a way to win two games without ben the loss of murray was huge for this team they had a formula and lost it now they are lost