Why does Jerry Jones allow Ed Werder in the lockeroom?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Anyone who calls Werder anything other then a tool is a fool.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2483491 said:
He talks to flamboyant players and TO is that any person in the business would do the same. Doing an interview with a guy like Barber for instance you are not going to get much of a story Barber just has nothing much to say. Players can control what they say. Players by now should know how the media works and as long as you know how it works you should be able to deal with it. Lastly who said they represent the voice of the fans? What you want is a bunch of feel good snow ball question we have Mickey for that he is paid by the Cowboys Ed is not
TO has made it clear he DOES NTO WANT TO TALK TO ED WERDER...so why won't Werder move on? Because he wants TO to blowup...and he feels the more he picks, prods, pokes, digs, fabricate, stretch the truth he will finally get enough to start some upheaval. As a fan, do you care about anything else except this Sunday? So what about the "news" he is delivering is something Cowboys fans should find interesting?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Wood;2483508 said:
For the record, Werder, a veteran reporter and a longtime member of the Cowboys’ media contingent, was "congratulated" Thursday by a Valley Ranch front office executive for "writing the truth about this guy."

Who? Galloway is the biggest Jerry hater of them all.

Who is this front office executive? Jerry? Steven? Who?

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
It a pathetic shame to see "fans" side with Werder and now Galloway. I guess next we will see postings from the great Skip Bayless...LOL

What a pathetic trio the haters use as experts and try to emulate...

Wood

Reaction score
I just highly doubt all these reporters are falsifying their reporting...i dont think they really need to. Put me number one on the list of TO haters....i will never follow or defend a guy of his nature....if you do...good luck with that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wood;2483527 said:
I just highly doubt all these reporters are falsifying their reporting...i dont think they really need to. Put me number one on the list of TO haters....i will never follow or defend a guy of his nature....if you do...good luck with that.
I don't even really like TO, but this stuff is ridiculous. I can't wait to hear Bayless this morning.

superpunk

Reaction score
Here's a good question -

Why does Phillips allow Ed Werder in the locker room?

We know why Jerry does it. Publicity. But why Phillips allows it is beyond me. He could install a bunker mentality. We had that before, and the media hated it. But now they have all the access they could dream of - players, assistant coaches, etc. And we see the results.

Phillips could put a stop to this, but he doesn't. Care to hazard a guess why??????

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Wood;2483527 said:
I just highly doubt all these reporters are falsifying their reporting...i dont think they really need to.

Then why not say names instead of being "mysterious"?

If it was really a "front office" person then he would have no fear of reprisals from T.O.

Its really that simple.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;2483516 said:
TO has made it clear he DOES NTO WANT TO TALK TO ED WERDER...so why won't Werder move on? Because he wants TO to blowup...and he feels the more he picks, prods, pokes, digs, fabricate, stretch the truth he will finally get enough to start some upheaval. As a fan, do you care about anything else except this Sunday? So what about the "news" he is delivering is something Cowboys fans should find interesting?

TO can just keep his mouth shut he is a grown man, he has a job to do and so does ED. As I said I have seen good reports from Werder as well I don't expect snow ball qestion he is not employed by the Dallas Cowboys. Evidently all you want is guys asking very easy question that is not his job. Dallas has their own people like Mickey who covers the Cowboys and paid by them Ed is not. Players control what they say end of story. If you don't like what Werder says then don't watch him but to act like he is suppose to do snow ball question and feel good stories for your favorite team well that is not going to happen nor is it his job to do that. I clearly do not see much outrage on Portis ripping on Zorn so this is nothing personal aginst the Cowboys dumb player make dumb comment and reporter will report it. It is not that hard to understand

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Werder has a long history with Jerry and the Dallas Cowboys. He worked for DMN before his ESPN days, and covered the Dallas Cowboys through the 1990's Super Bowl days.

I don't think he makes his crap up. He got his job at ESPN because of how he covered the Cowboys with DMN. I don't think he would put his reputation on the line by reporting BS.

PS. That doesn't mean that he doesn't "sensationalize" and blow things out of proportion.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
You really think Jerry going to cut off access to the world's largest sports media empire? Please, this is the kind of atmosphere that Jerry encourages, if not craves. He wants the Cowboys to be the leading story on Sportscenter every night.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2483754 said:
You really think Jerry going to cut off access to the world's largest sports media empire? Please, this is the kind of atmosphere that Jerry encourages, if not craves. He wants the Cowboys to be the leading story on Sportscenter every night.

Correct! JJ even says it himself: "Any press about the Cowboys is good press."

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2483453 said:
I don't think Werder is the enemy he is just a reporter. I don't expect him to give peaches and cream stories and he has done some good interviews as well. You want attention being paid to the Cowboys you take the good with the bad

:clap:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2483603 said:
TO can just keep his mouth shut he is a grown man, he has a job to do and so does ED. As I said I have seen good reports from Werder as well I don't expect snow ball qestion he is not employed by the Dallas Cowboys. Evidently all you want is guys asking very easy question that is not his job. Dallas has their own people like Mickey who covers the Cowboys and paid by them Ed is not. Players control what they say end of story. If you don't like what Werder says then don't watch him but to act like he is suppose to do snow ball question and feel good stories for your favorite team well that is not going to happen nor is it his job to do that. I clearly do not see much outrage on Portis ripping on Zorn so this is nothing personal aginst the Cowboys dumb player make dumb comment and reporter will report it. It is not that hard to understand

Another :clap:

For the harbinger of Doom. :)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423;2483314 said:
Maybe he has no choice....but Ed Werder is the enemy. He really is. He has no desire to report ANYTHING other than what TO is/is not doing. And when he can't get any answers he makes them up. Wouldn't that make you want to ban him from the lockeroom?

More "mediot" hatred. How original. I suppose you blame Woodward and Bernstein for Nixon's crimes.

sacase

Reaction score
Name your sources and name the front office exec. If the sources are not man enough to say what they have to say in public then it can easily be called into question. Its just Heresay

Reaction score
Wood;2483472 said:
Apparently Werner was congratulated by one top executive at the Ranch over publishing the story on TO. It sounds like a round of high-fives at the ranch for Werner not a ban.

You spread more propoganda than Kim Jong and Castro combined...

And who the hell is 'Werner'?