Why does Moore hate the run game?

plasticman

Reaction score
So your answer to preventing the defense from melting down is for the offense to possess the ball the entire 4th qtr? Obviously not.

You mean the 8 play 25 yd drive we had? In which they ran 4 times and passed 4 times? And does "running all over them" now equate to 4 caries for 16 yards? Pollard's last gain was for 1 yd and set up a 3rd and 9, so we "suddenly went with the passing game" to try and covnert a 3rd and 9?

Three of the first five plays were runs and it got us two first downs. Then they passed on the next 1st and ten and got nothing. Two straight runs on 1st and 2nd would probably get positive yardage while taking more clock time. The point was, as long as they ran the ball and got the first downs, eating the clock was just as important because it would severely limit the Packers opportunity to score.

The Packers understood this which is why they ran the ball five of the nine plays in their final TD drive. I say again, the Packers RB's had the same yards per carry as the Cowboys RB's and I'll bet their defense would have been just as fatigued.

I'm not saying that the defense didn't react poorly but a smart coach wouldn't have put them in that situation, he would have tried to run a lot of the clock out. Every offensive play was more rest for that defense. and it's not like the coaches didn't realize their defense struggled against the run

Well the defense did let us down.

That same defense gave the Cowboys offense a drive that started on the Packer ten yard line. But it's the defense's fault that the Cowboys didn't score?

Six Cowboys offensive drives that lasted less than a minute and a half, not counting drives that ended at a half. The defense's fault?

And they were out there for 10 and a half minutes because they gave up two length of the field TD drives. You do understand the Cowboys had a TOP edge the first 3 quarters right?

There are definitely games where it's easy to point the finger at Prescott and/or the offense and say they let the team down or failed to do their job, but Sunday vs Green Bay was not one of those games.

And I'm not blaming Dak.or any other player on offense. They didn't call the plays. They didn't create the gameplan. This all started with me saying that Kelln Moore's gameplan was contradictory to the strengths of that offense.

GINeric

Reaction score
Dallas was killing it in run game but yet Moore like to air it out. Face it Dak is a Jag qb. Moore thinks Dak is Marino. I guess money talks.

Moore hates the run game because he's the dumbest offensive coordinator in the NFL. It's not even a close second to is dumb ***.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If we're going with that, how about my subjective claim too......KMoore is over his head on a consistent basis. Out-schemed practically every game, especially against formidable teams. Using college/high school style schemes that don't fool anyone in the NFL, hear teams declare knowing what to anticipate from the OC. Is a FG kicker's best friend in the Red Zone. RB killer, Freezes in the moment. Fails to make obvious adjustments, Heir to the HC position, Goes on the interview trail every offseason to no avail, Immune to accountability.
He wasnt ready for the job, most OC's work their way up doing position coaching, and by the time they get to OC they know other facets
of the game.
Kellen had 1 year of glorified qb coach, and jerry promoted him to OC. Then he forced him on mike .
I think the HC has to hire and fire the oc and dc on the team, and the HC is accountable for those two.
Mike hired a bad dc to begin with, so dont know if he would have hired a better OC or not.
But if he doesnt it is on him, and then as GM if they dont do well, then get rid of HC and those 2 at same time.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No they didnt.

They lost because they had a two TD lead in the 4th qtr and the defense melted down. We scored 28 pts against a team that coming in was averaging 17 and had managed 57 total points in their previous 4 games. If every team the Packers played the first 9 games had scored 28 pts, the Packers would have been 0-9.

Our defense is supposed to be good, the last two games it hasn't been and it has nothing to do with how many times we run or pass.

I don't know why people obsess over number of pass plays vs run plays, the object is to score points. I don't care if they pass 100 times and run 0 if they score touchdowns, and neither should anyone else. We scored 28 pts against a team coming in that had no offense, we should not have lost.

Also as pointed out in another post, we had 6 possessions where we ran only 3 plays. On every single one of them we did run the ball at least once. If you don't get 3rd down conversions it's hard to run up play counts. Had we done that there would have been more running plays. We had 31 rushes as it was, so it isnt like they gave up on the run. There was only one series in the game where they passed it way more than they ran it, and it was right before the end of the first half when they had to throw to get into scoring range.
your right as far as the defense to a point.
The offense does have an effect on the defense though. They have to have sustained drives to rest the defense and shorten the game.
3 and outs or even 6 and outs, make it hard on the defense.

Also the packers had a better game plan ran more, and rodgers and his wr played better than they had been playing when they were doing badly.
Those 2 long passes helped them win the game.
But running alot also helped them eliminate our def pass rush, which has been the main strength of our defense.
If a team neutralizes that then our defense becomes average.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You give Moore chicken crap and you want him to make chicken salad. The bigger question is why can't dak just drive the bus?
All I see is Rush's bus gets better gas milage and gets to the point it was driving too.
Daks bus has four flat tires and is running on one cylinder.

Last edited:

sbark

Reaction score
And I'm not blaming Dak.or any other player on offense. They didn't call the plays. They didn't create the gameplan. This all started with me saying that Kelln Moore's gameplan was contradictory to the strengths of that offense.
Or.....does Dak change a inordinate amount of plays to pass from called runs
Which wears out a D in a 4-2-5 base

DripTooHard

Reaction score
They are asking too much of Dak. He isnt elite you cant ask him to throw like hes a good Qb. Dumb it down like you did for Rush. Only way the Packers win yesterday is if they turn it over and they did it twice. Once in the redzone.

Correction. Dak is asking too much of Dak.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Moore sucks yet people credit Dak for leading the top rated offense in 2021 and a top rated offense in 2019.....funny the lengths people will go to slam Moore yet herald Dak.

DalFan75

Reaction score
your right as far as the defense to a point.
The offense does have an effect on the defense though. They have to have sustained drives to rest the defense and shorten the game.
3 and outs or even 6 and outs, make it hard on the defense.

Also the packers had a better game plan ran more, and rodgers and his wr played better than they had been playing when they were doing badly.
Those 2 long passes helped them win the game.
But running alot also helped them eliminate our def pass rush, which has been the main strength of our defense.
If a team neutralizes that then our defense becomes average.

They gave up 31 pts to a team that averages 17. Them running the all all over our defense and completing two long passes for tds has absolutely nothing o do with our offense. Up until the 4th qtr time of possession was virtually equal (in fact we may have been slightly ahead) so the defense wasnt tired or worn out, and the game was played in nice, cool weather with no humidity.

That's garbage defense and it's total BS for people to keep trying to put blame anywhere other than where it belongs.

RonWashington

Reaction score
They did run 27 times against GB . I’m not counting Daks 4 for 6 yards . However Dak passed 46 times . You have 2 weeks to game plan going up against a HOF QB at minimum I want a better balance then 27/46 . Davis 5 touches are Laughable !

On the last drive third & fourth down three people ( Pollard Davis or Turpin should have touched the ball on a wide run designed play instead of a fire drill into tight coverage when the refs are not calling PI no matter what .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They did run 27 times against GB . I’m not counting Daks 4 for 6 yards . However Dak passed 46 times . You have 2 weeks to game plan going up against a HOF QB at minimum I want a better balance then 27/46 . Davis 5 touches are Laughable !

On the last drive third & fourth down three people ( Pollard Davis or Turpin should have touched the ball on a wide run designed play instead of a fire drill into tight coverage when the refs are not calling PI no matter what .

Ref was calling holding which Dallas was hit with after big run in OT that put Dallas back to 1st and 20 which has a lot to do with Cowboys passing the ball. Davis run puts Dallas at the 25 yard line instead we are pushed back to around mid field. Dallas did not stop running even in OT

DalFan75

Reaction score
Ref was calling holding which Dallas was hit with after big run in OT that put Dallas back to 1st and 20 which has a lot to do with Cowboys passing the ball. Davis run puts Dallas at the 25 yard line instead we are pushed back to around mid field. Dallas did not stop running even in OT

They ran the ball on every series in the game. The only series they were "pass happy" as some of these clowns keep calling it was the one before the end of the first half, when they got the ball with 1:42 left and had to move the ball quickly to get into scoring range (which they did, and scored a TD to tie the game). They passed it 7 times and ran 1 time on that drive. So the rest of the game they ran it 30 times and passed 39, which is far from "pass happy " or "giving up on the run"

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They ran the ball on every series in the game. The only series they were "pass happy" as some of these clowns keep calling it was the one before the end of the first half, when they got the ball with 1:42 left and had to move the ball quickly to get into scoring range (which they did, and scored a TD to tie the game). They passed it 7 times and ran 1 time on that drive. So the rest of the game they ran it 30 times and passed 39, which is far from "pass happy " or "giving up on the run"

You mean 2 min offense? Yeah teams tend to throw damn near every play when working the 2 min offense. Of course they want Moore to run the ball in that 2 min and just get to halftime. lol

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He's not a good OC.

I think he's good to an extent Monday through Friday, but on actual game days he leaves a lot to be desired as an OC. No feel or game awareness. That usually comes with experience but even that can no longer be an excuse at this point...

StuckMojo

Reaction score
On 3rd and 3 in OT they should have handed the ball to Pollard to keep drive alive especially if they planned on going for it on 4th down. That is the times Moore seems to get too pass happy.

RonWashington

Reaction score

3rd and 4th down was not long yardage certainly manageable with runs not passes 45 and 46

DalFan75

Reaction score
3rd and 4th down was not long yardage certainly manageable with runs not passes 45 and 46

Never mind the fact that passes 41-46 never would have happened had the defense done it's job in the 4th qtr.

The Cowboys also had two first down running plays in OT (total of 25 yards) wiped out because of penalties.