Why doesn’t Canady play?

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
Just curious…did something happen? Dude had a great camp.

Looking at the snap count from yesterday, Anthony Brown played 100% of the defensive snaps, Canady 0%. Wright also at 0%. Both only played ST.

Did i miss something?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that Canady must not know the assignments or just doesn't follow them.. There is no way he is any worse than Anthony Brown .. He may not be as good in the slot as Lewis but I cannot accept that he is so much worse than Brown that he deserves no snaps on defense. The only other issue may be that he's hurt? I don't get it.. I really don't. I thought it might be because he's really small or something but they list him at 6' 190.. which is bigger than Brown.. I don't know what the deal is but it's going to bite us if it keeps up. Brown is getting picked on mercilessly..

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only thing I can think of is that Canady must not know the assignments or just doesn't follow them.. There is no way he is any worse than Anthony Brown .. He may not be as good in the slot as Lewis but I cannot accept that he is so much worse than Brown that he deserves no snaps on defense. The only other issue may be that he's hurt? I don't get it.. I really don't. I thought it might be because he's really small or something but they list him at 6' 190.. which is bigger than Brown.. I don't know what the deal is but it's going to bite us if it keeps up. Brown is getting picked on mercilessly..
Canady's stat line when he got extensive playing time was excellent too. A 75 QB rating allowed on 50 targets

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Looking at the snap count from yesterday, Anthony Brown played 100% of the defensive snaps, Canady 0%. Wright also at 0%. Both only played ST.

Did i miss something?
Cause Canady is very good depth.

Beaker42

Reaction score
We’re lucky AB wasn’t flagged for faceguarding in the end zone.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Good question, considering how DQ likes to rotate guys. Maybe Al Harris should start a bit of a rotation at CB letting Canaday n Wright get some reps for AB.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Did i miss something?

Because Jerry paid Brown and Lewis big money and he's telling McCarthy to play them both.

JustChip

Reaction score
Faceguarding is not illegal in the NFL. It's only a penalty in college.
It’s amazing how many people don’t realize this. It was at one time so maybe that’s why, but it hasn’t been illegal in a long time. That was the outcry in the 2014 Detroit playoff game when the officials picked up the flag on Hitchens. It’ll only get called if the receiver is trying to come back for the pass and there’s contact.

ksadler1

Reaction score
We’re lucky AB wasn’t flagged for faceguarding in the end zone.

If you watch the end of the play, he was actually turning his head to look for the ball. But I don't think face guarding is a penalty anymore. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess l should read the other responses before posting. My bad...