Why doesn't this organization think a kicker is worth the $$?

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Why doesn't this organization think a kicker is worth the $$.
Your talking about 3-4 games a year that will be won or loss by a kicker alone:bang2:.
I know JJ doesn't want to pay the $$ for a kicker but his logic escapes me.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I'm with you. I'm at a total lost for words.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
sandtrapp said:
Your talking about 3-4 games a year that will be won or loss by a kicker alone:bang2:.

I'm with you, however, if the offense would not have to worry about a kicker to win a game by putting more points on the scoreboard, maybe that is what JJ and Parcells is thinking?

I remember a quote from Steve Young that said something like, "everytime that we need to kick a field goal...we are that closer to losing a game..."

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
It shouldn't.. this organization has never placed a high deal of interest in kickers and up intil last year.. always been pretty successful at it too. I think they will get a vet kicker though,, but one that fits into the contract they are wanting to pay for a kicker.

burmafrd

Reaction score
With how many close games we had last year- and the parity in the nfl- this excuse about not paying kickers no longer makes sense. You have to move with the tide or get drowned= and right now the water is rising.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
There's now a report from fox sports that Vinetieri signed with the Colts. That's one kicker out the window. Hopefully we can get Brown from the Seahawks. He's young and clutch.

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
I'm guessing they think they can get a very good kicker without paying the highest salary in the league at the position.

sago1

Reaction score
Agree. Jones unwillingness to spend money to get a good veteran kicker is just plain dumb. Understand he doesn't want to shell out the really big money for Vinatieri, but it is their own fault we didn't jump on Longwell soon enough. Now we down to Vanderjagt, Edinger (got cut by Vikes for Longwell) & another kicker whose name I can't recall. But we also competing with Packers & Pats for their same kickers except we know Pats willing spend some money & Packers certainly will do.

All we can hope for is that Miami cut Mare (do Cowboys have inside info from Rosenhaus that there VERY GOOD CHANCE Mare will be cut?) or they just wishing & hoping re him or Josh Brown. Oh well, we always have Shishum.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Kickers just aren't high profile enough for JJ.
I think he wants players that fans come to see, and whose jersey they are going to buy.

fortdick

Reaction score
sandtrapp said:

Agree 100%! Now that Vinnie appears off the market, we better get Vandie or Brownie.

BTW, love your avatar. Sorry about your Rack.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't agree with spending 3 mil on a kicker, but we have to atleast spend a couple of mil.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I am not sure who.....but, we will get a kicker.....vet

I know, CC, but I'm starting to get a little impatient.

If we end up getting Vanderdrunk, who is gonna kickoff?

Doomsay

Reaction score
How about ..not fire Steve Hoffman - who brought us decent kickers for 0$

One of BP's biggest screw-ups IMO - along with the churning of Jeff Robinson

ghst187

Reaction score
With us cutting LA, I really don't see any reason not to pony up for Vinateri. Seems silly considering not getting a K last year cost us the playoffs. We've got PLENTY of money.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
There's now a report from fox sports that Vinetieri signed with the Colts. That's one kicker out the window. Hopefully we can get Brown from the Seahawks. He's young and clutch.

Why does everyone think Brown is "clutch?" Or more clutch than Vandermouth?? I know he's younger than Vandy, but more clutch?