Why doesn't this organization think a kicker is worth the $$?

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
I went to Seattle to watch the Cowboy-Seahawk game this year and he made a 52 yard field goal to win the game. That's not the first time he's done it, either. And Vanderjagt isn't clutch. I think we all found that out with the playoff game against the Steelers this year.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
sandtrapp said:
Why doesn't this organization think a kicker is worth the $$.
Your talking about 3-4 games a year that will be won or loss by a kicker alone:bang2:.
I know JJ doesn't want to pay the $$ for a kicker but his logic escapes me.

I have no damn CLUE!. we need a Kicker BAd, what's so hard to understad-****** Jerry get on it!:mad:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
It makes no sense...and it makes even less sense with the way Parcells manages a game.

It's like a baseball team with poor run production but good defense and pitching not having a closer :banghead:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
I went to Seattle to watch the Cowboy-Seahawk game this year and he made a 52 yard field goal to win the game. That's not the first time he's done it, either. And Vanderjagt isn't clutch. I think we all found that out with the playoff game against the Steelers this year.

If you're going to compare last game's performances... I seem to remember Brown missed multiple FGs in the SB that would have put Sea in striking distance. Vanderjagt has made almost 90% of his kicks in his career, not to mention '03 when he was perfecto.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
Not to mention, Vanderjagt is a giant baby who thinks he's better than he really is.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Not to mention, Vanderjagt is a giant baby who thinks he's better than he really is.

He'll fit right in... he and TO can go cry in the corner by themselves

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Yea, and your point?? It sounds li:Dke he'll be a perfect fit this year.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Only difference is TO is actually good at what he does.

What are you talking about?? Vandy's not good? He's regarded as the 2nd best K in the league

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
Yeah, too bad he didn't have to kick much, though. Peyton threw so many touchdowns that Vandrjagt never got to kick very often.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Yeah, too bad he didn't have to kick much, though. Peyton threw so many touchdowns that Vandrjagt never got to kick very often.

Your point?? He's still 87.5% for his career

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
Oh, don't think you've convinced me. You never will. I'm just dealing with the fact that you love a kicker who is over the hill. What's another old veteran to the Cowboys anyway. Hopefully you can get your wish. I personally have spent way too much time talking about kickers. So if Vandy is signed, we can here you cheer for joy on this forum. :p:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Oh, don't think you've convinced me. You never will. I'm just dealing with the fact that you love a kicker who is over the hill. What's another old veteran to the Cowboys anyway. Hopefully you can get your wish. I personally have spent way too much time talking about kickers. So if Vandy is signed, we can here you cheer for joy on this forum. :p:

Morten Andersen is like 80 years old!! I don't know if he's in the league at the moment, but he was at least two years ago. Kickers are like whiskey... better with age