Why don't we Blitz...

Q_the_man

Reaction score
That's my only problem with Wade, we don't blitz at all and when we do it's always 3rd down. I thought Wade was a blitzing 3-4 coach, when we blitz it's like every team knows it coming, while not been effective.

boscokt

Reaction score
We have played two teams thus far that have legitimate threats in the short passing game.

We did not want to get nickle and dimed all day by Kellen Winslow and letting Brian Westbrook catch underneath passes all night would have just been brutal.

They were both tough as it was with a man on them.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Q_the_man;2268299 said:
That's my only problem with Wade, we don't blitz at all and when we do it's always 3rd down. I thought Wade was a blitzing 3-4 coach, when we blitz it's like every team knows it coming, while not been effective.

Then why don't you coach the team instead?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Q_the_man;2268299 said:
That's my only problem with Wade, we don't blitz at all and when we do it's always 3rd down.

Wow.

We sent 5 or more like 15 times vs the Eagles. And it wasn't just on 3rd down.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Wade is 15-3 as head coach

Look what Norvel has done to Charger DEFENSE.....

Wade is more about stunting his front 3(4) and bringing a 5th to generate pressure versus jail blitzes. Why he loves ILB like Foley/Edwards/Thomas/Burnett that can run and tackle sideline to sideline and cover.

The weakness on our team is run stop - Giants did it last year and Eagles a lot last game. We were on McNabb and he was a tad lucky to spin out a few times in pocket.

alby

Reaction score
My biggest beef is this:

We knew that Roy was going to get less snaps going into this year. But, when he's in there--why isn't he being called to blitz? If he's in there, why is he asked to cover the deep ball? Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of the coaching staff's initial plan when it comes to Roy?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
We did blitz, alot but McNabb was wearing vaseline till the 4rth quarter;)

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Honestly, you don't need to blitz if your front 3 or 4 can put pressure on the QB. This is what we did and we were getting good pressure as the game went along.

Also, its not like we didn't blitz. We did on several occasions. But why blitz if you don't need to?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I kinda don't understand this question either. We are blitzing and we are creating pressure. We've played two teams who are supposed to have two of the best OLs in the NFL. If you can get the job done with just 4 pass rushers, that's how you want to do it. Ideally, you would rather not have to take a man out of pass coverage if you can.

I think we're doing fine. JMO

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
lol @ we dont blitz enough.

Watch the front 7 please. We are bringing it from everywhere.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
We actually didn't blitz much against the Eagles -- something like only 30% of pass plays. That was pretty odd -- and I wouldn't expect it to continue at all.

In week 1 we blitzed over 60% of pass plays.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
According to Jaworski, Dallas blitzed 16 times on 24 pass attempts against Cleveland. I didn't count the blitzes against Philly, but it appeared that we would blitz on 1st or 2nd down, but wouldn't blitz on third down.

YAKUZA

superpunk

Reaction score
btw, I totally called our defensive gameplan against McNabb midweek. Maybe it was a dumb gameplan, but hey - I called it.

superpunk;2250883 said:
Unless you can get instant pressure on McNabb, it almost seems better to play back, have the linemen read and react and just keep him in the pocket and give him time to throw. Just over the years it seems like if he has time, and almost has TOO much time, he gets nervous and start chunking it into the ground.

Probably a dumb thought, but I have that impression in my head.

Genuflect.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;2269221 said:
btw, I totally called our defensive gameplan against McNabb midweek. Maybe it was a dumb gameplan, but hey - I called it.

Genuflect.
Hey, you. Yeah, you. You're so awesome.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Q_the_man;2268299 said:

we do.