Why don't we Blitz...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Q_the_man;2268299 said:
That's my only problem with Wade, we don't blitz at all and when we do it's always 3rd down. I thought Wade was a blitzing 3-4 coach, when we blitz it's like every team knows it coming, while not been effective.

You dont blitz one of the best QBs in the NFL very often, you play coverage and hope somebody makes a mistake (botched hand-off for example).

Derek Anderson is not one of the best QBs obviously, so that is why we blitz like 60% of the snaps against Cleveland. Kinda like you would blitz a young QB alot but you would be very, very selective on blitzing Peyton or Brady.

We still had 4 sacks against McNabb with basically no exotic blitzing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2269405 said:
We still had 4 sacks against McNabb with basically no exotic blitzing.

We were bringing some pretty funky blitzes especially when Spencer was in the game.

I watch Demarcus Ware on just about every snap when we're on D and he was moving around before the ball was snapped quite a bit.

I like what we're doing but nobody seems to want to give the Eagles any credit.

cowboyz

Reaction score
my biggest beef is the guys don't pass rush as a group.

you'll run a stunt, and one guy won't press hard enough, allowing the stunter to get picked up.

or you'll have guys rush into the same area. or guys not shading to the same side.

watch the steelers, their rush is extremely coordinated with guys having free shots despite only using 4 guys.

wade did it a couple of times last year. but this year they've been consistently bad.