Why exactly is the 5 seed better?

TheCritic

Reaction score
Someone please explain why getting the #5 seed and facing Brady/Bucs and up to 3 road games is somehow better than getting the #1 seed and home field advantage.

Yet that idea is all over the national sports media. Why?

reddyuta

Reaction score
Someone please explain why getting the #5 seed and facing Brady/Bucs and up to 3 road games is somehow better than getting the #1 seed and home field advantage.

its dumb.Brady has killed us every time and that too without much effort except maybe 1 Romo game.

Mannix

Reaction score
These are the same idiots that say poo poo losing a non divisional or non conference game...as if it's meaningless...14-3 beats 13-4 NO MATTER WHO YOU LOST TO.....SEE JACKSONVILLE!!!!!!

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You get what you deserve in life. You want to be on top, you have to fight, scratch and claw your way up there. We deserve to be the fifth seed for losing to Green Bay and Jacksonville the way we did. If the 8 and 8 Giants won a Super Bowl and so can we.

Havic

Reaction score
if this team is good enough, we can get to the superbowl as the 5 seed.

DFWJC

Reaction score

There is no remote debate

Top seed and free 1st round "win" and home field through entire playoffs is by far better

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score

The number 1 seed is the best option for sure. But the real question is: Is the #2 seed better than being the #5 seed. In all likely hood, the #1 seed is a pipe dream. I can't see any way that AZ beats SF. So in reality, the best we can do is the 2 seed, and for that we get a home game against Rodgers and the surging Packers (in all likely hood). So really which match up is the better match up for our first game, On the road against Brady or At home against Rodgers.

Either way, we have to face a QB that has destroyed us over the course of their careers. Good times. I think it's a toss up regardless of which one of those games happen. So if it was up to me, I still rest some key people while trying to win the game against Washington, I don't play Dak, Micah, CD , Tank, Zeke, Pollard and Martin. Limited snaps for Peters and Tyron Smith if at all possible.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Bucs run game and oline ain't good and Brady is a statue of a QB. Our defense matches up well with how their offense is built. Just need to cover the back end for just a split second longer in order for parsons and company to get to Brady. Also need to watch those quick passes.

erod

Reaction score

We won't get the 1 seed. We'll be the 2 seed. San Fran would be the 1 if they win and the Eagles lose.

And we'd likely play Aaron Rodgers.

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
People are not having the correct conversation. If Dallas wins and Philly loses, the most likely scenario is we are the 2 seed not the 1 seed. San Fran is 12-4 with Arizona to finish the season. They would win the tie breaker based on conference record.

So the question should be, in round 1 would you rather go on the road and face Tom Brady and the Bucs or be at home, most likely against a streaking Packers team with Aaron Rogers.

erod

Reaction score
People are not having the correct conversation. If Dallas wins and Philly loses, the most likely scenario is we are the 2 seed not the 1 seed. San Fran is 12-4 with Arizona to finish the season. They would win the tie breaker based on conference record.

So the question should be, in round 1 would you rather go on the road and face Tom Brady and the Bucs or be at home, most likely against a streaking Packers team with Aaron Rogers.
Also, if you beat Rodgers, you'd get another home game.

But Philly is going up stomp the Giants after NY sits everybody a couple series in anyway.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Doesn't matter at this point, all teams post season will be a test and we either belong there or get dismissed.
Actually, would prefer what is probably going to happen anyway, we get the 5 seed, we suck coming off a bye week, and not happening anyway.
I will tell you that nobody post season in our conference wants to see us, regardless of where we finish.

Aven8

Reaction score
We won't get the 1 seed. We'll be the 2 seed. San Fran would be the 1 if they win and the Eagles lose.

And we'd likely play Aaron Rodgers.

Would rather play Brady’s Bucs right now than Rogers Pack. Its not about Rogers it’s about those two back and the secondary. They have turned it around. Brady and company have not.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
At this point I don’t care what seed we are. All the nitpicking shows a lack of confidence within our fanbase tbh. I just want a healthy roster for the playoffs. Otherwise we’re screwed anyway.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'd take the 2 seed over the 5 seed, easily.

2 seed means you get a minimum of 2 home games.

If we're not good enough to beat Green Bay at home... then we're not good enough, period.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

It is not. At all.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Would rather play Brady’s Bucs right now than Rogers Pack. Its not about Rogers it’s about those two back and the secondary. They have turned it around. Brady and company have not.

Yep and their return guy is a real threat and has been turning the field for them.