Why exactly is the 5 seed better?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
For the past two decades seeding hasn’t made any difference for the Cowboys because most of their playoff teams haven’t been playing their best football entering the playoffs. In 2007 they were the number one seed and were pitted against the fifth seeded New York Giants. Despite playing at home against a team they beat twice that season they went one and out. In 2016 the Cowboys again were the number one seed and were pitted against the fourth seeded Green Bay Packers. Despite beating the Packers at Lambeau field that season, the Cowboys proceeded to go one and done to the Packers in the playoffs. Last season the Cowboys were facing the sixth seeded San Francisco 49ers. Despite having the home-field advantage vs a lower seeded team the Cowboys again went one and done.

erod

Reaction score
Would rather play Brady’s Bucs right now than Rogers Pack. Its not about Rogers it’s about those two back and the secondary. They have turned it around. Brady and company have not.
Dallas has not played well on the road.

JReed1000

Reaction score
I do not want to play Aaron Rogers….I ain’t scared but I ain’t stupid. We’re damned if we do and damned if we don’t.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Someone please explain why getting the #5 seed and facing Brady/Bucs and up to 3 road games is somehow better than getting the #1 seed and home field advantage.

Yet that idea is all over the national sports media. Why?

Sure, I'll explain.

Dorks, and stupid people, say dumb things. It's what they do. A lame fanboy will come up with idiotic logic of "well, last time we were #1, we lost, so the #1 seed can't be all that!"

And then there are the scaredy cats. Scaredy cats take whatever scenario unfolds, even if its a disadvantageous one, and act like that's what they wanted all along. Instead of stating the obvious (#1 seed is what every team wants), they'll say "I WANT us to play on the road in the wildcard, cuz I ain't skeered, BRING ON EVERYONE, derp derp derp"
"We are better off not having an off week"

Scaredy cats are full of false bravado, because they are too afraid to say "you know what, it sucks, we lost to some garbage teams, and instead of having the easiest path to the superbowl possible, we have caused ourselves a very unlikely chance to reach the superbowl"

HEY....I just got run over by a freight train...BUT THATS WHAT I WANTED! Now I can prove to everyone that not having any arms or legs won't keep ME down!

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Also, if you beat Rodgers, you'd get another home game.

But Philly is going up stomp the Giants after NY sits everybody a couple series in anyway.

We will see if your prediction for the upcoming week is better than your last one.

DStar22

Reaction score
they are defeatists. we should try for #1 seed as long as it is available.

the statistics show it is better, the logic shows it is better to be 1 or 2 seed. I follow that.

rambo2

Reaction score
Someone please explain why getting the #5 seed and facing Brady/Bucs and up to 3 road games is somehow better than getting the #1 seed and home field advantage.

The 1 is much better because you get the free win, rest, and play at home the rest of the way. The 2 is probably better also because you play the 7 at home.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

It’s not!
Play a rested TB in TB( I don’t want to see a rested TB), or a tired 7th seed at home( yes even if it is Rogers).

I’ll take the 2nd seed. Two home games if we win our first game. I’ll be rooting for the Giants big time! We need to take care of business too!

2nd seed, 2nd seed! Goooo

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Any road that could put 2 games between Dallas and Green Bay is the road you want to travel. Dallas will stomp Brady into retirement. They’re the worst team on the NFC side of the bracket.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Also, if you beat Rodgers, you'd get another home game.

But Philly is going up stomp the Giants after NY sits everybody a couple series in anyway.
I think the Giants are going to play to win with their starters! If they do the pressure is ALL on Philly!
Go G men!

mldardy

Reaction score
I do not want to play Aaron Rogers….I ain’t scared but I ain’t stupid. We’re damned if we do and damned if we don’t.
You'd rather play Brady on the road. Yeah that makes perfect sense. Not scared of either but given a choice I want the home game against Rodgers every time. Rodgers isn't even the reason GB has been winning lately.

zack

Reaction score
For the past two decades seeding hasn’t made any difference for the Cowboys because most of their playoff teams haven’t been playing their best football entering the playoffs. In 2007 they were the number one seed and were pitted against the fifth seeded New York Giants. Despite playing at home against a team they beat twice that season they went one and out. In 2016 the Cowboys again were the number one seed and were pitted against the fourth seeded Green Bay Packers. Despite beating the Packers at Lambeau field that season, the Cowboys proceeded to go one and done to the Packers in the playoffs. Last season the Cowboys were facing the sixth seeded San Francisco 49ers. Despite having the home-field advantage vs a lower seeded team the Cowboys again went one and done.

And that’s exactly why I’m nervous.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

If you have a shot at the 1 or even the 2 seed you gotta take a swing. Those saying 5 seed are just scared of Brady and want a week off.