Why football over baseball?

DonaldM

Reaction score
Talking about Wilson, Murray, Drew Henson lol.
I get it they loved football more. But you could play second base and make a killing and not get killed. Just a scotch in....

Hardline

Reaction score
I get it they loved football more. But you could play second base and make a killing and not get killed. Just a scotch in....
I would choose baseball and not give it a second thought. I played football and know first hand what it feels like to get your block knocked off.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Baseball is a grind. 162 games, often times traveling to 3 cities in 1 week. Games every night of the week.

Plus you spend 3-4 years in the minor leagues which isn’t exactly luxurious.

DonaldM

Reaction score
Golf is better than Ambien. So you guys are saying baseball is boring and that's why these stud baseball players chose football?

wecasa

Reaction score
Football offers a much quicker path to a big payday. Unless you're a freak of nature like harper, trout, Betts, ohtani, etc. Toiling away in the minors for pennies seems awful. The pay is a fraction of what even practice squad guys make.

shabazz

Reaction score
Golf is better than Ambien. So you guys are saying baseball is boring and that's why these stud baseball players chose football?

yup. Any game that you can play twice in one day back to back ( doubleheader) is a real snooze-fest.

there’s a reason it’s no longer Americas pastime. I’d rather watch professional cornhole tournaments.

DonaldM

Reaction score
yup. Any game that you can play twice in one day back to back ( doubleheader) is a real snooze-fest.

there’s a reason it’s no longer Americas pastime. I’d rather watch professional cornhole tournaments.
Funny. And whatever it is 160 games.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Bigger pay and faster payday.

As far as I am concerned as a non American I never even understood how Baseball could become so popular. Went to a couple of games, and literally no one was watching the game. Just shoveling fast food into their barn doors and chatting for three hours non stop.

No disrespect, but honestly never got it, lol.

Fell in love with football while watching my first game even though I had yet to understand all the rules.

starfan1

Reaction score
I would choose baseball and not give it a second thought. I played football and know first hand what it feels like to get your block knocked off.
Yep and you can get paid well there if you’re good enough also

I played both I’ll take baseball but it’s boring as heck to watch

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Well from a fans perspective football is exciting to watch.
Watching baseball is like watching paint dry ...
BORING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Maybe they are better football players. Maybe they like football more. Maybe they like less competition for a roster spot. Remember, baseball draws from a much larger talent pool: almost all of Latin America, and Asia to a small extent. 45-47% of MLB players are Latino.

Flamma

Reaction score

I think the money comes quicker in football. You want to play for minor league's getting paid nothing for years? Then play 162 game season even if you make it? No way would I be playing a 162 game season. That is ridiculous.

Hardline

Reaction score
Yep and you can get paid well there if you’re good enough also

I played both I’ll take baseball but it’s boring as heck to watch
I love baseball. I get as excited watching a Rangers game as the Cowboys.

Mannix

Reaction score
Baseball on the whole is boring as hell. But out of SHEER DESPERATION to follow a winner, a began eat, sleeping, and drinking my Dodgers again around 6 years ago...having this outlet, has kept me from shoving a skewer in my ear after every bad Cowboys move and susequent failure.

jnday

Reaction score
Watching grass grow, watching paint dry and watching a baseball game are three activities that could be used to torture me. All three activities are among the most boring activities that are known to man.