why i want braylon edwards..

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
While Keyshawn is big and slow he has to be in there to move the chains. He is not just a slot guy, he is an every down guy. He makes the tough catches over the middle and with his blocking is a big part of the offense in many ways that a lot of (or even most) WR's aren't. That is what he does; move the chains and block really well for the running game (and other WR's).

However, Glenn is getting a little long in the tooth (even more so than Keyshawn) and I'm afraid the injuries will start to catch up to him. It is still uncertain how well he can come back from this latest injury so he leaves us with a fairly big question mark.

Morgan does not have the hands to be a good deep threat. He has the speed but he makes his catches coming over the middle or on slants where he can catch the ball with his body. When he has to make the catch with his hands he seems downright inept.

I'm not interested in Mike Williams; he is just a Keyshawn clone. If we did not have Keyshawn and Witten and Morgan I'd be all for getting him in here. But as it stands we have plenty of short to intermediate range recievers like that; we don't need another one right now. What we need is a deep threat to stretch the field to open things up for the underneath guys and be a threat to go to the house at any given time.

I like Edwards because he is capable of being a deep threat with his speed yet has the size to go across the middle and out muscle a big safety for the ball. It's a good combination and he will fit in very well in our offense if...IF...he has the hands for it. If his hands are suspect then we would be better off with Mark Clayton who is a good deep threat even though his size limits him in what he can do over the middle.

Trag3344

Benched
Reaction score
i agree jack, we need edwards more than williams.. our short passing game isn't the problem. we have no real legit deep threat.

jdnalls

Reaction score
Trag3344 said:
excuse me for liking professional wr's with speed and the ability to catch the ball at the same time lmao.. look at Mushin Muhammad, Terrel Owens, Joe Horn, every single probowl wr has speed and possession skills they are not one dimensional like MW.. see braylon is the full package unlike williams.
Umm, Mushin Muhammad isn't a speedy WR. He's closer to being a Keyshawn Johnson than a Terrel Owens or Joe Horn.

jdnalls

Reaction score
Trag3344 said:
i agree jack, we need edwards more than williams.. our short passing game isn't the problem. we have no real legit deep threat.
What good does it do to have a speed guy that can't catch?

Yeah, Edwards will make a great catch every so often but is more likely to drop the easy catch than actually bring it in.

No offense but we don't need a Seahawk's type of WR

joseephuss

Reaction score
Mike Williams is a playmaker. I won't put down Edwards because the guy is a talent. I just think Williams is going to be a great NFL reciever.

Lord Sun

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Mike Williams is a playmaker. I won't put down Edwards because the guy is a talent. I just think Williams is going to be a great NFL reciever.

...who, in all likelihood, can be had more cheaply than Edwards.

Trag3344

Benched
Reaction score
they both will be good, but for OUR team we need braylon. like jack said, if we didn't already have a slow possession wr then we'd rather have MW.. but since we got key for another year or two. we need that game breaking speed guy with good hands named braylon edwards!!!!!!!!!

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Mike Williams right hand can catch the ball better than braylon's two hands...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll take Mike Williams over Braylon Edwards any day of the week.

To me - that isn't even something you have to think about - no brainer.

Reaction score
Well you better think about it Sarge and everyone else who sounds like they have NEVER even watched Edwards play...

I have watched him his whole career make some of the BEST one handed catches I have EVER seen...To score TD's & WIN games...

Even with a true freshman QB this year he has just made HUGE plays!

But the last time I watched Williams, he wasn't even the best WR on his team...Kerry Colbert was...

Watch the Texas/Michigan game & watch a GREAT WR in Edwards...You might learn something...

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Well you better think about it Sarge and everyone else who sounds like they have NEVER even watched Edwards play...

I have watched him his whole career make some of the BEST one handed catches I have EVER seen...To score TD's & WIN games...

But the last time I watched Williams, he wasn't even the best WR on his team...Kerry Colbert was...

Watch the Texas/Michigan game & watch a GREAT WR in Edwards...You might learn something...
You obviously haven't watched WIlliams much. He is a strong physical player with very underated seperation ability with some of the best hands you ever see. He was a top10 pick as a sophomore...oh yeah, Mike Williams has more attitude in his unpaded torso than Braylon Edwards has in his whole game...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thanks for the advice. I've watched them both play several times. I'll take Williams.

I never said Edwards wasn't talented by the way.

What? Because my opinion differs from yours, I haven't watched them both play?

royhitshard

Reaction score
Mark Clayton is the man for the job. He has great hands and is a good blocker. Doesn't mind sacrificing his body to block for somebody. Also a great team player...not an "all me" player. :jints:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
royhitshard said:
Mark Clayton is the man for the job. He has great hands and is a good blocker. Doesn't mind sacrificing his body to block for somebody. Also a great team player...not an "all me" player. :jints:
Mark Clayton is a pretty good number 2 at best IMO. He isn't even in the same class as Williams, or Edwards for that matter...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge said:
I've watched them both play several times. I'll take Williams.

I never said Edwards wasn't talented by the way.

I agree with your takes on this Sarge. The team that gets Williams will not regret taking a shot on him.

Reaction score
Sarge: No offense, it just didn't sound like you had watched Edwards play...because he can! Big time!

Yes, I have seen alot of Williams as well...He is talented sure...Just not in Edwards class IMHO...

Tio:
Why was Williams said to be a 15-20 pick this past draft if he had come out then?

Watch Edwards play on Sat...

We all know we can't see Williams play...

I like Clayton's run after catch ability...But don't think he is in ether of the other guys talent level...

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Sarge: No offense, it just didn't sound like you had watched Edwards play...because he can! Big time!

Yes, I have seen alot of Williams as well...He is talented sure...Just not in Edwards class IMHO...

Tio:
Why was Williams said to be a 15-20 pick this past draft if he had come out then?

I like Clayton's run after catch ability...But don't think he is in ether of the other guys talent level...
A team would have tooken a chance on him, believe me. He is much more talented than edwards, and I have seen both play.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Tio: We disagree obviously...We shall see how it pans out...Will you watch the Michigan Texas game?
If I can. I might have plans....

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Tio:

No offense taken HH. I will watch the game but I've seen enough of both players already. They are both very talented WR's, no doubt.

I'd simply take Williams first.

Justa matter of choice is all.