Why I'm no longer a Cowboys fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
I was a Cowboys fan since I was old enough to watch football in 1966. Performed at the Super Bowl XII halftime when Dallas beat Denver. Remember when DMN bragged we had a model organization and did not suffer from a meddling owner. Until 1989. Still, Jerry Jones accidentally hired a football expert until his jealousy could not stand it. Then he played fantasy football doing the exact opposite of what made this franchise attractive to him in the first place. To get his dream stadium built and avoid a fan backlash, Jones appeared to have a football come to Jesus moment and hired Parcells, but unwelcomed his once the new stadium was secure - Big Bill had limited authority and it showed compared to other teams he was with. The next five years the Cowboys went down and many started to think after being patient for years, the Cowboys would never be an elite team again. I was suprized that the Cowboys won twice as many games in 2014 as expected. Either Jones got lucky for a couple of seasons, or real football authorities are quietly running things - hoped it was the latter. Anyway, I was beyond sick of this team being violated by an owner that's 72 demanding the attention of a 2 year old - I can't fathom needing that much attention. How can someone be very egotistical, yet allow someone's pride to prove themselves to be an utter football fool the past 26 years? This would be a very interesting case for Dr. Phil.

So has last season started, I started to follow the team most like the Landry era Cowboys at the dare on some of the idiotic homers at CZ that defend Jerry for everything. As I was thinking there was some hope for the Cowboys, different or same idiots (don't care) started to damn that team...like during the Landry days, had a system, several football experts unhindered by the front office, drafted well, culled out non-performing/overpaid player early, innovative, played .750 or better football over 15+ years. Bill Russell once said choose your enemies carefully - you tend to resemble your worst enemy....i.e. haters are in denial they are ranting at the team most like Landry's Cowboys.

I have not changed over the years, but the Cowboys have changed for the worst, and further more it's with the blessing of fans that have no problems with the molestation AND condemn the Patriots for emulating what the Cowboys were. It's laughable that a number of fans are spitefully blind of behaving like drunk Eagles fans, pretending to be moralistic on cheating while pining for Dallas to play child beaters or convicted DUI killers....I could go on but Dallas and many other teams may not even have moral parity with the Patriots.

My years of patience with owner meddling and mindless homers is done. They are idiots and I'll let them beat up others with experience (of being an idiot) I have better things to do with the rest of my life. My team has moved to Foxboro.

Reaction score
maybe you're taking it all too personally but you may want to hang in for another 2-3 years - I'm feeling good about things to come.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
new-england-patriots-are-cheaters.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.