Why is BUF/CIN game in Buffalo?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Shouldn’t the same neutral field nonsense apply to this game since the game would have been in Cincy had they won the regular season game?

Seems like everyone gets screwed but Buffalo. They should have done the right thing and forfeited the game. Rooting hard for Cincy cuz they’re getting hosed by Goodell’s NFL.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
At the very least, this game should be played on a neutral field...agree. Cincinnati could have reacted very differently to the proceedings that occured that night but they took the high road. That, alone, warrants a neutral field. Unfortunately, for them, it is what it is now so the best thing that they can do now is man up and send Buffalo on an early summer vacation. Personally, I'm over the Buffalo hype train. I live less than (2) hours from Buffalo and their fans are 'almost' as annoying as Poopsburgh fans.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is true, however, the agreed upon solution only included the championship game.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
That's why the Bengals have a legitimate complaint. They could have beaten Buffalo and ended up with the #2 seed. I really hope the football gods make it right for them but they will probably favor the Bills as the "Team of Destiny"

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Because the NFL got caught up in the moment and wanted to cater to Buffalo. It's pathetic. Cincy definitely got screwed in this ordeal. Which is why I hope they beat Buffalo so we don't have to hear anymore about them and see the AFC title game outside and not in a dome in Atlanta

jsb357

Reaction score
Buffalo sympathy (for various reasons)

plus

Bengals are a small market team
Mike Brown (owner) ranks 30th in wealth so not very powerful

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't really think the NFL cares what the fans think. Just that they're there. Remember, this league used to blackout local games if the stadium didn't sell out 72 hours prior to the game. That's what they thought about the fans.