WHy is Chang getting more and moreso much playing time as Henson?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He got 24 pass attempts. Thats a good chunk as well as calling the plays and seeing defenses on running plays. Ill take that.

What i would absolutely LOVE to see is footage of his passing palys so I can judge for myself how he did.

I missed the game :(

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Why not the whole game?

That's the problem.. Henson suppose to get game experience not 3 quarter experience...

Do you understand the purpose of NFL Europe? That's the answer!

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
He got 24 pass attempts. Thats a good chunk as well as calling the plays and seeing defenses on running plays. Ill take that.

What i would absolutely LOVE to see is footage of his passing palys so I can judge for myself how he did.

So did I.....:(

I would also like to see tape of play.......I'm Interested in seeing if his delivery has change or not.

If anyone has footage post it please.:)

Z-Man

Reaction score
sadams said:
He should have stayed in Little league and not wasted our 3rd round pick...
Talk about wasting.......wasted space on your post and wasted time reading it.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:

If you have NFLnetwork, you can see the replay of the game Sunday at 2:30 pm Central.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I really think this is mess up.. I want to see Henson more not Chang.. Henson suppose to be the starter. What's Going On?

Chang has played the second quarter in each game so far, Henson the other three...

That's the way it goes in NFL Europe, pal, and has for a long time now-- there are only six teams in the league, and NFL teams want to send quarterbacks over there to get some game experience... so most coaches try to give playing time to 2 QBs in each game...

We should be encouraged that Henson is getting the lion's share of the snaps... we should also be encouraged that he played so much better this week than he did last week, now he needs to build on that, give us that kind of effort consistently...

Failure to do so will undoubtedly spell the end of his NFL career, at least in Dallas, and I'm rootin' for the guy...

silverbear

Reaction score
Killersanta said:
Because they want to win and Henson Suck.

And yet, Henson plays three quarters of the game, and the Fire us 2-0... go figure...

But hey, thanks for yet another substantial contribution to the dialogue, we need the "intellectual" take on things... :rolleyes:

silverbear

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:

If you get the NFL Channel, it will undoubtedly be replayed in the course of the coming week... it was a lot more fun to watch than last week's game was, this time around he wasn't wildly off-target the way he was with some frequency last weekend...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
sadams said:
He should have stayed in Little league and not wasted our 3rd round pick...

Actually, a greater waste would have been to not let the guy develop. That has been the plan all along. We signed gave up a 3rd rounder but were able to sign a promising prospect to an 8-year deal. Had we drafted a guy in the 3rd we would have him for 4 years before he went FA.

Of course, some fans are idiots and think he must suck since he couldn't come in and immediately win the starting job.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
it was a lot more fun to watch than last week's game was, this time around he wasn't wildly off-target the way he was with some frequency last weekend...

was anyone really suprised that in Henson's 1st game of live experience in about a year in a half, his passes were off-target? QBs need snaps and need to get into a rhythm, like I said a couple of days ago, it's only natural that Henson should show progression from week 1 to 2, and he has, little by little, baby steps if you will, Henson is slowly progressing, and I think, all is going according to Jerry and Bill's plans for him, and the thought process, behind sending him to NFLE, instead of looking at the big picture, it's only fair that we look at Henson from a day-to-day point of view, because he's obviously still acclimating himself to football, and with players acclimating themselves, it's going to take awhile, it's going to be a process, the same thing Jerry Jones said after Henson's 1st year, and which people STILL fail to realize...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
was anyone really suprised that in Henson's 1st game of live experience in about a year in a half, his passes were off-target? QBs need snaps and need to get into a rhythm, like I said a couple of days ago, it's only natural that Henson should show progression from week 1 to 2, and he has, little by little, baby steps if you will, Henson is slowly progressing, and I think, all is going according to Jerry and Bill's plans for him, and the thought process, behind sending him to NFLE, instead of looking at the big picture, it's only fair that we look at Henson from a day-to-day point of view, because he's obviously still acclimating himself to football, and with players acclimating themselves, it's going to take awhile, it's going to be a process, the same thing Jerry Jones said after Henson's 1st year, and which people STILL fail to realize...

Hey, someone here gets it! Really I think it doesn't mean much of Drew does well in NFLE. It would mean something if he stank up the place.

silverbear

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Really I think it doesn't mean much of Drew does well in NFLE. It would mean something if he stank up the place.

EXACTLY right, my man... that rates a :hammer:

Eddie

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Hey, someone here gets it! Really I think it doesn't mean much of Drew does well in NFLE. It would mean something if he stank up the place.

That's difficult to gauge also. The team around the QB in NFLE has to be at least competent as well. Troy Aikman had trouble throwing on his back when his OL disappeared and Michael Irvin went down.

But I'm happy to see Hensen have a good game. I kept pointing out to my wife the difference between Hensen's throws and Campbell/Wrobel/Chang's throws. Hensen's came out like a rifle with a laser scope, the other three guys looked like pop guns.

Hensen definitely has an NFL arm, let's hope he has an NFL head. But it's a good start.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Actually, a greater waste would have been to not let the guy develop. That has been the plan all along. We signed gave up a 3rd rounder but were able to sign a promising prospect to an 8-year deal. Had we drafted a guy in the 3rd we would have him for 4 years before he went FA.

Of course, some fans are idiots and think he must suck since he couldn't come in and immediately win the starting job.

Thank you, my thoughts exactly....
Dewayne Goodrich was a wasted 3rd round pick,,, Henson is a development in progress, possibly, possibly, a future starter, but even if he only develops into a capable backup, he still would have outshined many 3rd round picks.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I really think this is mess up.. I want to see Henson more not Chang.. Henson suppose to be the starter. What's Going On?

Henson played 3/4 of both games so far...whats wrong with that?

David

lspain1

Reaction score
After watching two Rhein games, I have some points to make. A number of you folks want to see Henson's pass playys but concentrating on just those plays does not tell a complete picture.

1. The Rhein Fire have looked better (considerably) than their opponents in these first two games where the weather was poor. The playing conditions for both games were pretty rough but the Fire have handled them well.

2. The Fire has a running game and that makes things considerably better for Henson. They have a running back allocated from the Bills that looks pretty good.

3. The Fire kicking game looks decent and the special teams play was good yesterday.

4. Henson looked better yesteday than in week 1 making better reads and displaying a very good arm on a couple of throws.

5. To sum up, Henson has a decent supporting cast with his Dusseldorf compatriots and has an excellent chance to look good in NFLE. It will be interesting to see if he continues to make progress as the opposition gets more film on him and the weather gets better.

6. Chang also looked good in his one quarter of play, but even when trying to be objective, I feel he did not look as good as Henson. Hnson's passes looked both more accurate and had more zip even on touch routes.