Why is country music so unpopular?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BoltsNHorns, Feb 6, 2019.

1. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

22,870 Messages
    10,461 Likes Received
    Because Hank Williams, Jr and all his rowdy friends have settled down, or died...

Runwildboys likes this.
  2. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member

4,023 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received
    There are still a few. Jamey Johnson, etc.. Generally I agree with your assessment, though. My personal rule is if they have eye liner on and they are male, I probably ain't listenin. :)

Runwildboys likes this.
  3. Chrispierce

Chrispierce Well-Known Member

2,723 Messages
    2,669 Likes Received
    Hey Bolts? Anytime you want to talk about anything? You hit me up. Seriously....I mean that.

Runwildboys likes this.
  4. bb721

bb721 Well-Known Member

712 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    You and many others may not care for the direction that Country music has taken lately but to say that it is “so unpopular” is just foolish.

kskboys likes this.
  5. bb721

bb721 Well-Known Member

712 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    I can’t say that I disagree.

DFWJC likes this.
  6. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

11,340 Messages
    13,078 Likes Received
    love me some Waylon.
    Hank Jr.,too.
    heck...one of Elvis' greatest albums was the '71 classic Elvis Country...recorded in '70...a true gem.
    Ray Charles had a classic LP Modern Sounds in Country &Western...one of his greatest.
    who isn't a little bit country...and a little bit rock n roll?

Corso likes this.
  7. FloridaRob

FloridaRob Well-Known Member

2,539 Messages
    969 Likes Received
    i have not listened to music on the radio since the 1980s. Seriously, my grandkid asks me all the time if I have heard of this group, that song, or that singer and I have no idea who they are. I listen to either news talk conservative radio or sports talk radio. Back when I did listen to music on the radio Country was my choice. But that was listening to Alabama, Oak Ridge Boys, (followed then since they were gospel quartet) Charlie Rich, Glen Campbell, kenny Rogers, and the Statler Brothers. If I listen to country in the car today it is those groups from a Pandora channel. I would not recognize a Blake Shelton tune from a Kenny Chesney tune. I am amazed that kids listen to hip hop or rap today and actually call it music.

Hardline likes this.
  8. Passepartout

Passepartout Well-Known Member

641 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    Not a big fan of country but can tolerate it. Love the classics like Florida Rob does. But really kids not just listen to rap, hip hop, but heavy metal, Justin Bieber, and other music that is not called music.

9. obidiah

obidiah Well-Known Member

663 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    If you ever get a chance to attend the Grand Ol Opry it is worth it. I've been twice and it waa very entertaining.

10. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

3,360 Messages
    6,395 Likes Received
    A damn good country music album just won Album of the Year at the Grammys, which is essentially a massive popularity contest.