Why is Dak so good at AT&T?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Isn't it probably just a byproduct of the downturn in the division the last few years? I know they haven't lost at home in the division since 2017 against the Eagles and the Giants and Commanders have been lining up to take beatings at AT&T for a while now.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The last staff was so disgustingly bad that I dont even consider it worth debating.

I feel like theres a real staff here now.

Biggest question is if Jerry can stay out of the way long enough for it to matter.

I'll believe that when it becomes obvious.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Isn't it probably just a byproduct of the downturn in the division the last few years? I know they haven't lost at home in the division since 2017 against the Eagles and the Giants and Commanders have been lining up to take beatings at AT&T for a while now.
If this division wasnt in the crapper for what has become a while now, Garrett would have been exposed long ago.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
In his last youtube video, Jeff Cavanaugh hit on this. He believed that JG was more open to an aggressive offensive game plan when playing at home while favoring the approach of keeping it close and win it late on the road, especially against the good teams.
Exactly what David Moore said last year after that ugly Saints game.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I found this and I was really shocked—-our stadium has wildly been criticized by our fans by not giving us a clear advantage but the last 4 years says otherwise.

Keep in mind, home teams typically win 55-60% of the time, which means the road teams lose about the same amount, so that accounts for a lot of the differential.

We’ve been a good team since Dak has been here, as well, which wasn’t always the case for some of the years between 2007 and 2014, which accounts for another chunk of that higher percentage.

Section446

Reaction score
Because everything has to be perfect for Dak to be successful, he can't handle the pressures of the road

blueblood70

Reaction score

I found this and I was really shocked—-our stadium has wildly been criticized by our fans by not giving us a clear advantage but the last 4 years says otherwise.

didnt we play Buff on TG day at home..hmm SO GOOD..lmao its a mirage its how the schedule fell playing weaker teams at home..

morat1959

Reaction score
It’s not just AT&T. He’s great on the road also. Check out all the playoff and SB wins away from home. Pay the man!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I still say we have no idea what we have. Until a full season under Mike’s belt. Then we can truly evaluate these players. Because under Jason it was an inconsistent joke . Personally I think Prescott is a winner. The attributes are multiple. So many other quarterbacks would’ve been out for the rest of the season hits he’s taking. I don’t understand how people can’t see that being part of the game.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s not just AT&T. He’s great on the road also. Check out all the playoff and SB wins away from home. Pay the man!
Yeah three seasons a lot of opportunities. LMAO but I agree pay the man

Red Dragon

Reaction score
This. It was especially obvious last season when the offense would go into a shell on the road and do nothing that made then successful in previous weeks.

I wonder why Garrett went into a conservative shell on the road in 2019 when in prior seasons, such as in 2014, he was not timid at all (the Cowboys were 8-0 on the road that year, and routinely piled up huge offensive numbers in away games.) Something weird snapped in his brain.