Why is everyone saying we benefited from the refs?

Boysboy

Reaction score
1. A missed PI call on Owens in the 1st killed a drive.

2. A blown holding call on Procter(when Jenkins drove him to the ground) killed another.

3. A blown PF call on Tank when it clearly wasn't helmet-helmet.

And 4, but not least, the HORRIBLE field work by the Panthers(something the Cheatriots have been accused of doing to their own field to gain advantage).

Seriously-with all the fuss over that missed Reeves PI call by the national media, why isn't anyone saying anything about the 4 above?

rynochop

Reaction score
Overall, a poorly officiated game. But yeah, i think they evened out.

Even Smith's incomplete pass was borderline, i thought it was a catch on the instant replay.

Boysboy

Reaction score
rynochop;1852409 said:
Overall, a poorly officiated game. But yeah, i think they evened out.

Even Smith's incomplete pass was borderline, i thought it was a catch on the instant replay.

The refs DID get it right-the rule is that if you hit the ground(and the ball comes out), it's a CATCH IF you come down with TWO feel WHEN a defender's contact is made. However-after he came down with ONE foot, a Dallas defender made contact.

I know it sounds complicated, but two feet down when the defender makes contact and the receiver hits the ground = catch. Smith only had 1 foot down.

rynochop

Reaction score
Boysboy;1852418 said:
The refs DID get it right-the rule is that if you hit the ground(and the ball comes out), it's a CATCH IF you come down with TWO feel WHEN a defender's contact is made. However-after he came down with ONE foot, a Dallas defender made contact.

I know it sounds complicated, but two feet down when the defender makes contact and the receiver hits the ground = catch. Smith only had 1 foot down.

Thanks! Didnt notice the feet. Had also imbibed quite a bit by that point.:)

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Boysboy;1852404 said:
Seriously-with all the fuss over that missed Reeves PI call by the national media, why isn't anyone saying anything about the 4 above?

This was debatable as well, because Reeves was playing the ball, i.e. looking back when the contact was made. In other words, he was actually coached well and executed it well. It probably would have been called if he didn't knock the ball away, but the fact that he did, kept the flags in the pocket.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
The NFL, NFL Network, ESPN all have it in for the 13-2 Cowboys. Damn them all!

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Because the Cowboys don't win a game without the help of the refs... Didn't you know that? 13-2, and the refs helped us unfairly in every one.

:rolleyes:

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
The Cowboys haters will never give compliments to the team, rather, they will continue to say refs helped and got lucky.

But none of that matters, what matters is this team is 13-2 and they can't change this fact.

Reaction score
It seems like the announcers from NFLN and the tandem of Buck/Aikman forget that their in the booth and not in zebra stripes.

Many times they state "they missed that penalty" "oh they really made a mistake by missing that one" " that was a deffinate penalty" then show the penalty 5- 10 times throughout the game. I dont know if im being a homer but if there is a missed PI call in any other game they dont show it 2 quarters afterward and talk about it everytime he gets thrown at.

Its best when Mike Perira goes on NFLN and chooses one of our plays to talk about and says they were a correct no calls. I hate complaining about penaltys win or loss, its all hindsight and there hundreds of missed calls in the NFL everyweek.