Why is Garrett on the coaches hot seat list?

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
....and Jay Gruden not even mentioned?

No explaination of the NFL hotseat list - it would not make a lot of sense anyway. Kelly should be on that list instead of Garrett

Last edited:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I dont see a list at all, can you provide one? Is Marvin Lewis on it?

Kaiser

Reaction score
DEFINITION

click bait

An eyecatching link on a website which encourages people to read on. It is often paid for by the advertiser ("Paid" click bait) or generates income based on the number of clicks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Garrett is Belichick in Dallas. Nothing he can do will get him fired. 1 winning season just bought him a decade at the least.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
http://coacheshotseat.com/NFL/

CHSRankingNFLTop.png

DallasInDC

Reaction score
....and Jay Gruden not even mentioned?

No explaination of the NFL hotseat list - it would not make a lot of sense anyway. Kelly should be on that list instead of Garrett

Is this the rag you are referring to:

http://coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRankingNFL.htm

This list is ridiculous Garrett is probably one of top 5 most secure coaches in the BFL right now. Lovie and Wisenhut are second year coaches with brand new first round QBs which should buy them a couple of years of growing pains. Jay Gruden should definitely be on the list given the QB situation there and Danny boy's love for RGIII.

BTW, If this season goes as expected for the Cowboys, Garrett is gonna need a raise. :thumbup:

xvendettax914

Reaction score
so chip kelly dismantles an eagles team for the oregon ducks 2.0 and 'hes safe", Jason Garrett led team sends said eagles team into tailspin, goes 12-4 and a catch away from an NFCCG and hes on the hot seat.

k.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Why isnt Marvin in the top 5? I cant even see Philbin on the list, im not saying im not impressed with his wins, but you gotta admit we claim Garrett had to change our roster, that whole Miami organization is a mess. Tom Coughlin , silly, name me any others that have 2 SB rings with their team? Silly. Lovie Smith, that fast, stupid, Lovie and not Marvin. my gods people. Gus Bradly is just a name toss to remind people someone named Gus Bradly is a head coach.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe they think it's all Linehan, and all Jason Garrett does is walk around and clap.

Aven8

Reaction score
I have to admit, if he goes 7-9, 8-8 with no major injuries, ie. Dez, Romo, Tyron then he should be on the hotseat IMO. It would be a total failure not getting into the playoffs.

He won't get fired, but nobody thought Wade would have either midseason.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the heck is coacheshotseat.com? Did someone else quit ESPN and start a website? Again?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to admit, if he goes 7-9, 8-8 with no major injuries, ie. Dez, Romo, Tyron then he should be on the hotseat IMO. It would be a total failure not getting into the playoffs.

He won't got 7-9 with no major injuries and a talented roster, so it's moot, but I think a lot of people thought Wade would get the axe midseason, at 1-7, with his hand-picked successor on the staff already, after the blowout loss to GB and a couple of humiliating beat downs in a row.

NickZepp

Reaction score

He wont be on the hotseat after a 7-9, 8-8 type season this year. Maybe next year. But even if the Cowboys have a disaster year he won't probably be on the hot seat. I don't see either happening unless Tony Romo goes down early in the season. And if Romo goes down winning 5 games is a great year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
You have to wonder how that list is arrived at -- I'm highly suspicious that it might very well be concocted purely out of some dreamer's creative imagination. Something tells me that after the first few, it's probably guesswork.