Why is the Dallas media so soft?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I've been speculating this was the case for years but I don't have any evidence to support my assertion

Do you have sources to back up the claim jeri is revoking press passes?

Someone mentioned Dale Hanson. He's the sports caster on channel 8 news here. His issues with Jerry are very well documented. Then there was the radio station 'The Ticket' 1310. They were the flagship radio station for the team for only 1 season some years back. Jerry pulled their contract when the personalities on the station were trashing him at every chance. Since then the local media has pretty much kissed Jerry's butt to keep the same from happening to them.

All of this is easy to find on a Google search.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’ve stated this for years that they all get cubes at The Star and probably get free popcorn too.

Plus in today’s age with the Newspaper dying, these dudes are losing jobs left and right. Nobody’s media gets treated like these dudes do. They are free advertising.

gmb1

Reaction score
That was Switzer and Hansen. Dallas media had some bite back then.

I saw some of this on Troy Aikman's a football life. That had some stuff in it that was newsworthy for that time. Don't remember if that got as much coverage back in the day or kept undercover.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Someone mentioned Dale Hanson. He's the sports caster on channel 8 news here. His issues with Jerry are very well documented. Then there was the radio station 'The Ticket' 1310. They were the flagship radio station for the team for only 1 season some years back. Jerry pulled their contract when the personalities on the station were trashing him at ever chance. Since then the local media has pretty much kissed Jerry's butt to keep the same from happening to them.

All of this is easy to find on a Google search.

I don't doubt that's some of the reason 1310 is no longer the flagship station but I do know that jeri wanted to charge The Ticket for the right to be the station of the Cowboys and that's how it ended.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me to find out jeri told The Ticket it would be 2 million (or some other outrageous figure) to continue to be the Cowboys flag ship station knowing they'd either refuse or pay out the *** for the right to trash jeri & co and then offered the same rights to a jeri friendly station for $1 dollar per year and making the terms of the contract non disclosable to give jeri cover for his pettiness

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why aren’t the jones’ ever questioned about why there’s so much trust in the coaches when it’s been the same song the last 8 years?

Jerry will say he’s safe and there’s never any follow up. Why is the media so soft down there?
I live in the DFW area and the only media guys who are soft on Dallas work for Jerry or the “flagship” radio station 105.3. If you listen to “The Ticket” radio station down here, they rip Jerry, Garrett and The whole situation all the time. David Moore of the DMN is usually very critical of the Cowboys. Dale Hansen the sports anchor at channel 8 down here tells it like it is.

The people who need to change aren’t the media. It’s the fans buying Jerry’s tickets and merchandise. That’s the only thing that will change how the Jones Cartel does things.

Zordon

Reaction score
It's not like the old days where the Times Herald and Morning News were self-sufficient, the current media is very interconnected w/ the team.

The Fan dies if they lose the Cowboys so they are never going to go too hard at Jerry.

People like Fisher have revenue streams very dependent on the Cowboys so he's going to do everything he can to maintain access.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
why aren’t the jones’ ever questioned about why there’s so much trust in the coaches when it’s been the same song the last 8 years?

Why is the media so soft down there?

Because they don't want to lose access to the Cowboys, thereby making them irrelevant.

Zordon

Reaction score
Stephen tried to ban Mike Bacsik from the media party in Malibu this year. They can be vindictive if they want to. The issue is Garrett teams always do just enough to keep the pitchforks away. I hope that changes this year.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Easy answer - Jerry has a history of revoking the press passes of those in the local media who speak negatively about him or the team. Most of the media doesn't want to lose their access so they kiss his butt instead.

:hammer:

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Too scared to jeopardize their job. It's not like the NY media where that's the norm for all outlets so a team can't control it like the Cowboys can here.

I also think that's why this team is spoiled and soft. They get media attention like they are in the NY market because they're the Cowboys but nowhere near the level of heat.

Silly

Reaction score
I don't know how it works in Dallas. But I recall a reporter, he lived down the street, wrote a negative article about the state college football team. That poor man was fired before the next game.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Stephen tried to ban Mike Bacsik from the media party in Malibu this year.

sounds like that was a prank, do you have info to the country?

Jerry & Stephen Jones Prank Mike Bacsik
stephen-jones.jpg

Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

DALLAS (105.3 The Fan) - Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and COO Stephen Jones have had enough of Mike Bacsik's criticisms (not really).

Bacsik, of 105.3 The Fan's GBAG Nation, is typically very critical of the Jones' decision making, so Stephen and Jerry decided to have a little fun with him during an interview with Mike Fisher on Friday.

On the GBAG Nation Thursday, Bacsik complained about not getting invited to the Jones' media party, which is set to take place in Oxnard, California next week.

Both Gavin Dawson and Jeff Cavanaugh received invitations by email to the party, sparking Bacsik to wonder where his invitation was.

Of course, the Cowboys got in touch with the GBAG Nation and said his invitation got bounced back because of an issue with his email address.

So, in the end, all is well, and Bacsik will attend the party, but not before the Jones' had a little fun.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Jerry will say he’s safe and there’s never any follow up. Why is the media so soft down there?

Why are the Cowboys fans so soft? They should all be demanding better years ago. Garrett should have been run out of town already. Why is he still here?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Access to the team..................if a reporter starts asking uncomfortable questions, a call is made to the head of the network or TV station or newspaper, or what have you.

Said reporter gets reassigned or access to the team starts getting limited for that network, station, newspaper, ect...

As far as the "in house" reporters, like Spags and Broaddus and Helman and others.........Jerry signs their paycheck, you think they are saying jack.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Because we know nothings changing with Jerry. We are what we are as long as he’s intent on his “ socks to jocks” control.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Access to the team..................if a reporter starts asking uncomfortable questions, a call is made to the head of the network or TV station or newspaper, or what have you.

Said reporter gets reassigned or access to the team starts getting limited for that network, station, newspaper, ect...

As far as the "in house" reporters, like Spags and Broaddus and Helman and others.........Jerry signs their paycheck, you think they are saying jack.
Those guys are on the payroll . You need to read the Dallas Morning News and Star Telegram in Ft Worth. And tune into WFAA .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We are doomed by Jerry. Everything else is a product of his ways. Front office, coaching, etc.

We’ve been a talent dependent franchise since Jimmy was ran off. With possible exception when Bill was here.

It is what it is. Most of the Diehard fans and media get it. It’s corporate that supports the Cowboys and buying tickets. It’s why our stadium is often half full with opposing fans.