Why is the media trying to shake things up in Dallas?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I've been looking at articles talking about what Jerry Jones said about Terrell Owens playing at 75 to 80 percent.

To clear the smoke that's in the air, Im going to say this, Jerry Jones just want to see Terrell Owens in the season opener, and I have a feeling if Sam Hurd really plays well like at the status of a pro bowl undrafted rookie, I think he starts over Terrell Owens but Terrell Owens get the majority of the time on the reps.

According to the depth chart saturday night against the Seahawks, Sam Hurd was starting over Patrick Crayton, but Patrick Crayton got more playing time, and more catches.

The media is in the twighlight zone right now. Bill Parcells isn't really letting them know what they want to hear, so what they do it is, put out what they wanna hear about the team, just to make their jobs a little more exciting, that's why they are called the "Media".

The media just trying to stir up some things in Dallas with Terrell Owens, because of T.O.'s back-ground. I believe that Terrell Owens will be there at the start of the season, when we really need him, and I believe the organization will be happy.

Like Darren Woodson said, when T.O. score his first touchdown fans going to fall in love with him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I've been looking at articles talking about what Jerry Jones said about Terrell Owens playing at 75 to 80 percent.

To clear the smoke that's in the air, Im going to say this, Jerry Jones just want to see Terrell Owens in the season opener, and I have a feeling if Sam Hurd really plays well like at the status of a pro bowl undrafted rookie, I think he starts over Terrell Owens but Terrell Owens get the majority of the time on the reps.

According to the depth chart saturday night against the Seahawks, Sam Hurd was starting over Patrick Crayton, but Patrick Crayton got more playing time, and more catches.

The media is in the twighlight zone right now. Bill Parcells isn't really letting them know what they want to hear, so what they do it is, put out what they wanna hear about the team, just to make their jobs a little more exciting, that's why they are called the "Media".

The media just trying to stir up some things in Dallas with Terrell Owens, because of T.O.'s back-ground. I believe that Terrell Owens will be there at the start of the season, when we really need him, and I believe the organization will be happy.

Like Darren Woodson said, when T.O. score his first touchdown fans going to fall in love with him.

You answered your own question in your question...

"Why...............Dallas"?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
YoMick said:
You answered your own question in your question...

"Why...............Dallas"?

Exactly, I was telling the fans why?. I want the fan to know why. It's just my thoughts on why the media shaking things up in Dallas.

kmd24

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are in big trouble if Sam Hurd is in the starting lineup on 9/10. I'm not knocking the kid, but even the elite rookie WR's from Lee Evans to Jerry Rice have had their struggles in their rookie seasons. Hurd has some work to do just to make the team, let alone start.

As for his start Saturday night, consider that Romo, Shanle, and Coleman started as well. He's getting extra reps because BP needs to evaluate him.

All that said, I think he sticks as maybe the fifth receiver. It's gonna be close when you figure that Owens, Glenn, and Crayton are locks. Green probably has an inside track if he can get his punt returns going. So basically, it looks like Rector, Copper, and Hurd are fighting for the last spot, and that doesn't include the possibility of a trade for a more proven guy. Maybe BP keeps 6, but with the two TE set becoming an even bigger staple in the offense, I kind of doubt it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RealCowboyfan said:

The media has continually put Dallas under the microscope about real or fictional stories since the 60's. Any stories or non-stories concerning Owens would not only attract the media, but drive them to the Cowboys like rabid dogs for bits of information to report.

Well, maybe cocker spaniels is a better description...

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
kmd24 said:
I think the Cowboys are in big trouble if Sam Hurd is in the starting lineup on 9/10. I'm not knocking the kid, but even the elite rookie WR's from Lee Evans to Jerry Rice have had their struggles in their rookie seasons. Hurd has some work to do just to make the team, let alone start.

As for his start Saturday night, consider that Romo, Shanle, and Coleman started as well. He's getting extra reps because BP needs to evaluate him.

All that said, I think he sticks as maybe the fifth receiver. It's gonna be close when you figure that Owens, Glenn, and Crayton are locks. Green probably has an inside track if he can get his punt returns going. So basically, it looks like Rector, Copper, and Hurd are fighting for the last spot, and that doesn't include the possibility of a trade for a more proven guy. Maybe BP keeps 6, but with the two TE set becoming an even bigger staple in the offense, I kind of doubt it.

If he keeps six. It would be like this.

Owens
Glenn
Crayton
Green
Hurd
Rector

kmd24

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
If he keeps six. It would be like this.

Owens
Glenn
Crayton
Green
Hurd
Rector

There is about zero chance BP keeps 6. He only kept 5 last year and only dressed 4 for the games. The Cowboys will run more 2 TE sets in 2006 vs. 2005, so there is even less chance that he keeps 6 this year.

If Hurd were all that great (which would make me happy), BP wouldn't be looking for WR help.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

Some of us are not that shallow that TO scoring a TD will have us falling in love with him. I saw Jerry talking on the pre-game show and he and BP want to see him on the field learning this system he has never played in even if it is only at 75%. Jerry went out on a limb for TO.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
kmd24 said:
There is about zero chance BP keeps 6. He only kept 5 last year and only dressed 4 for the games. The Cowboys will run more 2 TE sets in 2006 vs. 2005, so there is even less chance that he keeps 6 this year.

If Hurd were all that great (which would make me happy), BP wouldn't be looking for WR help.

he would if your #1 was out for the 1st 12 days of camp and your #2 has a long history of not making it through the year w/o injury and NEVER back to back years.

and then your 3rd wr likes to hurt his ankle a lot too. let's not forget that.

so yea, i can see legit concern.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
iceberg said:
he would if your #1 was out for the 1st 12 days of camp and your #2 has a long history of not making it through the year w/o injury and NEVER back to back years.

and then your 3rd wr likes to hurt his ankle a lot too. let's not forget that.

so yea, i can see legit concern.

Very well put.:bow:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The football world revolves around Terrell Owens. He can make the top story in Sportscenter anytime, anywhere he wants. He has the mediots eating out of the palm of his hand.

Like it or not, TO will dictate the Dallas Cowboys media story's from now until he leaves

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The football world revolves around Terrell Owens. He can make the top story in Sportscenter anytime, anywhere he wants. He has the mediots eating out of the palm of his hand.

Like it or not, TO will dictate the Dallas Cowboys media story's from now until he leaves

Good Point:laugh1: :bow:

baj1dallas

Reaction score
kmd24 said:

I disagree. I think the only reason Parcells hasn't kept 6 receivers on the roster is because he didn't have 6 he liked. I think he'll keep both Hurd and either Copper or Rector, most likely Copper.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
I disagree. I think the only reason Parcells hasn't kept 6 receivers on the roster is because he didn't have 6 he liked. I think he'll keep both Hurd and either Copper or Rector, most likely Copper.

Likely Rector. Copper ain't really showing too much. Rector showing he could be a big target, if needed.:starspin

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Strong Point:bow:
stories sells papers...if i was an editor and i wanted news that sells i would tell reporters to stir things up from a press conference..

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Exactly, I was telling the fans why?. I want the fan to know why. It's just my thoughts on why the media shaking things up in Dallas.

Sorry I wasnt taking a shot at you - it was at the media... I forgot to put the smiley :D