Why isn't Bartel being mentioned?

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
I hear everyone calling for Brooks but why isn't bartel being mentioned any? Why in the world is brooks ahead of a guy whos been here longer than him & knows the system better than him? I've seen brooks play and calling for him to start over brad might be an upgrade but not by. much. Brooks throws more ints than romo does & is not a good game manager from what i've heard around the league. Brad is suppose to be a better game manager. I just think Garret went a little over his head with the play=calling & was way to agressive with a guy like brad back there. Garret needs to play not to lose with brad & i think we'll have a better chance at winning these next two games.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
It's easy.....you know what you have in Bollinger. He's played in the league and Bartels hasn't. I don't care for any of the three but right now I'd prefer Bollinger.

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
Good luck with Brooks. Any cowboys fan in their right mind expecting brooks to save the day is way over their head. Brad & Brooks are both terrible qb's.

Brooks is a turnover machines worser than romo is w/o the play making abillity.

Just wait till he goes on a int parade then you will know what i mean. T.B.H. iI'd rather have a big stiff like brad back there who knows how to game manage a ball game better. Garret was just to stupid to figure that out so he put up an aggressive play-calling game plan for him. Maybe garret will use his head this time.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LILLURCH;2365058 said:
Good luck with Brooks. Any cowboys fan in their right mind expecting brooks to save the day is way over their head. Brad & Brooks are both terrible qb's.

Brooks is a turnover machines worser than romo is w/o the play making abillity.

Just wait till he goes on a int parade then you will know what i mean. T.B.H. iI'd rather have a big stiff like brad back there who knows how to game manage a ball game better. Garret was just to stupid to figure that out so he put up an aggressive play-calling game plan for him. Maybe garret will use his head this time.

I don't expect him to save the day but he couldn't be any worse than Brad.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2365064 said:

Yeah I just looked it up, he was released Sept 8.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
LILLURCH;2365067 said:
Brooks over bartel what a stupid move if true.

Maybe you should go take a look at Bollinger's numbers before offering such uninformed, even asinine, opinions...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Yes, he could. He looked like Johnson did Sunday against backups.

It is irrelevant at any rate. Just like he is.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Why is Bollinger being referred to as a turnover machine? His interception percentage is 2.3% for his career. Romo's is 3.5% for his career. Bollinger turns the ball over once every 35.8 dropback/rush attempts. Romo turns it over once every 22.8 drop backs/rush attempts.

None of this means that Bollinger is ready to play or will make a difference. I don't think he will. He is just not a turnover machine. He is also not a play maker. Dallas needs a play maker. Romo for all his turnovers is also a play maker.

Bartel is nothing. He has no experience and he looked bad in the pre-season. He also as already mentioned is not on the practice squad. Even if he was the O-line has been poor the last few games. Bartel is not a mobile QB, Bollinger is mobile. The choices aren't great, but Bollinger is head and shoulders above Bartel.

By the way, Quincy Carter turned the ball over once every 22.4 drop backs/rush attempts. He was not a play maker, either. It just shows that Romo has to improve that aspect of his game.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
LILLURCH;2365103 said:
Actually bartel is more mobile of the three quaterbacks.

Mobility means nothing if he is inaccurate.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wanna bet? Either way it's just not good news.

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
Wow why so many bartel haters? I didn't come in here & say bartel is a god or anything all i said is he's better than brooks which isnt saying alot.