Why isn't Bartel being mentioned?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
LILLURCH;2365116 said:
Wow why so many bartel haters? I didn't ocme in here & say bartel is a god or anything all i said is he's better than brooks which isnt saying alot.

It is not "hating" (oh how I hate that blind characterization).

It is just a simple fact. He's not even on the roster, is not on anyone's roster and when he played, he was mediocre at best. Bollinger is on the roster, has started NFL games and has the faith of our staff.

How do you know Bartel is "better"?

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
Yeah you maybe right i just hope were not another stupid team to find out he sucks.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
joseephuss;2365097 said:
Why is Bollinger being referred to as a turnover machine? His interception percentage is 2.3% for his career. Romo's is 3.5% for his career. Bollinger turns the ball over once every 35.8 dropback/rush attempts. Romo turns it over once every 22.8 drop backs/rush attempts.

Lillurch is just runnin' off at the mouth without having the first clue what he's talkin' about... all he needs to do is go look at Bollinger's numbers in his two seasons with the Vikings... we're talkin' 46 of 68, for 537 yards, 1 TD and 2 ints... that's a 67.6 completion percentage, a 7.9 yards per attempt average, and a QBR of 84.0...

This even though he was sacked 13 times in the 81 times he dropped back to pass, or once in every 6.2 attempts... that's LOUSY pass protection, yet he still put up an excellent completion percentage, an excellent yards per attempt average, and a perfectly respectable quarterback rating (especially for a backup)...

He also had 3 completions of 40 yards or more in those 68 attempts, indicating that he does somewhat more than just dump the ball off...

I repeat, lillurch simply doesn't know what he's talkin' about when he trashes Bollinger's ability... I was another who really wanted the Boys to go get Chris Simms, but Bollinger is no bad "consolation prize"... there are a LOT worse backups out there...

silverbear

Reaction score
LILLURCH;2365058 said:
Good luck with Brooks. Any cowboys fan in their right mind expecting brooks to save the day is way over their head. Brad & Brooks are both terrible qb's.

Brooks is a turnover machines worser than romo is w/o the play making abillity.

Just wait till he goes on a int parade then you will know what i mean.

Bollinger has 8 ints in 343 career passing attempts... that's one int for every 40.4 attempts... IOW, if he threw the ball 500 times in a season, he'd have 12, maybe 13 ints...

FWIW, half of those ints came in on game, back in 2005, against Carolina... which means that other than that one disastrous game, Brooks has 4 ints in 321 attempts, or one in every 80.3 attempts...

Yeah, he's a regular interception machine, all right... ROTFLMAO...

silverbear

Reaction score
LILLURCH;2365116 said:
Wow why so many bartel haters? I didn't come in here & say bartel is a god or anything all i said is he's better than brooks which isnt saying alot.

Now, tell us what you base that LUDICROUS assertion on... give us some FACTS to back up your position...

You can't, because Bartel has never even gotten into an NFL game... but we know what Bollingers did his last two seasons with the Vikings, and those numbers are really pretty good for a backup...

I guess you figured you could come in here and spew any nonsense about Bollinger that entered you head, make crap up, and nobody in here would be informed enough to contradict you with the TRUTH...

I guess you know better now...

Wrangler87

Reaction score
silverbear;2365075 said:
Maybe you should go take a look at Bollinger's numbers before offering such uninformed, even asinine, opinions...

After what I saw last week, NOTHING can be worse.

I never want to see that again.

The guy looked like he had never thrown a football.

silverbear

Reaction score
LILLURCH;2365394 said:
Are you brooks's father?

Naw, just somebody who has no patience for jokers who talk trash about a player that they CLEARLY know nothing about...

I'm not surprised that rather than even attempt to deal with my rebuttal, you went for a junior high comeback... guys like you who talk trash, and get called on it, ALWAYS take that way out...

So c'mon, you made a bunch of claims about Bollinger, I rebutted them with statistical FACT, now defend your argument...

Or stand revealed as the know-nothing you appear to be...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2365448 said:
After what I saw last week, NOTHING can be worse.

I never want to see that again.

The guy looked like he had never thrown a football.

To be fair, the offensive line looked like it had never blocked either.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Bollinger is very mobile as well.

Didn't he run some option plays at Wisconsin?

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2365465 said:
Naw, just somebody who has no patience for jokers who talk trash about a player that they CLEARLY know nothing about...

I'm not surprised that rather than even attempt to deal with my rebuttal, you went for a junior high comeback... guys like you who talk trash, and get called on it, ALWAYS take that way out...

So c'mon, you made a bunch of claims about Bollinger, I rebutted them with statistical FACT, now defend your argument...

Or stand revealed as the know-nothing you appear to be...

Sorry but i don't take internet message board so serious. I think you might need a little vacation to calm down a bit.

silverbear

Reaction score
LILLURCH;2365401 said:
Yeah i know better now lol dude give it a break.

LOL... you talk trash about a player, then get punked with facts, and THIS is all you've got??

Folks in here will tell you that I'm not the kind to "give it a break", when I'm on the case of a knowitall who really doesn't know jack... if you want out of the deep doo-doo you put yourself in, you're gonna have to crawl away from this thread...

If you're gonna talk trash, hoss, you'd best bring some facts with you... otherwise, you're all hat, no cattle...