Why isn't Rhule getting more consideration?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s pulling Lincoln Riley’s drawers down playing 3 qb’s.

I bet Stephen and Jerry don’t know who Rhule is

I'd wager they do now. ........but still, he doesn't have the reputation and titles that would command enough of Jerry's respect to stay out of his way. He would be a new puppet coach.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Why isn't he getting more consideration? The coaching job he's done at Baylor is one of the best I've seen in recent memory. He also turned around the dormant Temple program and started putting players in the league.

I'm concerned the Giants are going to try to hire him since he's a native New Yorker and ex-Giants assistant but I hope Jerry gives him a look. Unlike Meyer this guy is winning without elite recruits.

Meyer actually has won alot without"elite recruits"..

I wouldn't Rhule out your suggestion either though :D

aria

Reaction score
Seriously, we need to pray the Giants don't get him. I guarantee you they will lap us within 2 years.
I’m willing to bet if they don’t cut ties with Shurmur then they will go for Rivera which is fine by me, he’s over rated IMO. The only way Rivera doesn’t get the job is if he turns it down. JMO of course based on his ties with their current GM.

But yeah...Rhule would not be good for us if he went to the Giants and I actually read an article where they made a strong case for Rhule going to NY, I just don’t think it will happen with Rivera out there.

DandyTom64

Reaction score
Look at the difference in talent level Meyer benefited from. Meyer's successor hasn't missed a beat b/c of that talent advantage.

I would be happy with Meyer but Rhule might be the wiser choice. His team is smart, physical, and they look the part. For him to do this a couple of years after NCAA sanctions in one of the ugliest towns in Texas is so impressive.

Jazz, I'm just telling you if the Giants get him we are in trouble.
You've never been to Borger Texas have you?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Why isn't he getting more consideration? The coaching job he's done at Baylor is one of the best I've seen in recent memory. He also turned around the dormant Temple program and started putting players in the league.

I'm concerned the Giants are going to try to hire him since he's a native New Yorker and ex-Giants assistant but I hope Jerry gives him a look. Unlike Meyer this guy is winning without elite recruits.

I was coming here to say same. He interviewed with Colts after first year at BU. Many respected football people love the guy

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Great coach, and nobody can claim he's just a recruiter, because he hasn't had superior talent at Temple or Baylor. He just gets the most out of his players.

The Musers had him on a few weeks ago, and as soon as they hung up, both guys said wow, that guy just has "it." He's one of those rare guys where you can tell right away.

I bet the Giants are big on him. He's a Northeast guy and a huge fan of Parcells.

Hardline

Reaction score
If we are going Big 12 give me Gary Patterson. That dude can coach. And his defense would be fun. Plus the Pressers.
What he's done at TCU with lesser rated recruits and top college defenses every year makes him a viable candidate for me.

Gaede

Reaction score
It's funny, people are pretty split on Meyer and Riley, but I don't see a single negative word about Rhule.

Seems like a young, charismatic guy. I can see why he'd do well in college. But does his approach translate to the pros?

Anybody have any thoughts? I honestly don't know anything about him

Skybox22

Reaction score
Is he related to Verne Ruhle. Remember him fellow old guys back in the day. Pretty good pitcher for the Astros. Cesar Cedeno, Julio Cruz etc.

yimyammer

Reaction score
He has had coaching experience on offense, defense, and ST

intriguing, beats the hell out of Garretts experience when he got the job

6GuIS6Z.png

JMPearson

Reaction score
He as coached both sides of ball played Lb at high level. I would take him very Meyer who is just a POS

exciter

Reaction score

He's 19-19 at Baylor and is 47-42 overall as a head coach. Someone please explain to me how his record is any better than Garrett's. Just slightly above average!

yimyammer

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2547728002

Rhule reportedly turned them down because the owner wouldn’t give him full control of his staff...which unfortunately I could see him not even being interested in the mess that Jerry brings with his meddling

my respect for him is off the charts for this stance alone

yimyammer

Reaction score
Gary Patterson

I heard years ago that he and jeri don't get along for some reason but I could never find a source for this assertion, anyone else heard this and if so, what thats all about?

exciter

Reaction score