Why keep CJ Goodwin?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Goodwin is 34. They will have to let him go at some point. It makes no sense to me to use up a roster spot for a ST guy when they are thin at DT. The Cowboys do some weird things with their roster. Last year when they were short on LBs, they cut Devin Harper and kept Eric Scott on the roster. Scott was waived this year after never playing in a game. This is probably the year to let Goodwin go and save a younger player.
Devin Harper (and Jabril Cox) got picked up by other teams, never played, and are no longer on NFL rosters. We'll probably never hear about Wood again.

I don't really agree with giving Goodwin a roster spot - but it is a role the organization (and others) value, and it doesn't cost you difference-making players.

rambo2

Reaction score
Devin Harper (and Jabril Cox) got picked up by other teams, never played, and are no longer on NFL rosters. We'll probably never hear about Wood again.

I don't really agree with giving Goodwin a roster spot - but it is a role the organization (and others) value, and it doesn't cost you difference-making players.
A good chance we do hear about Wood.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I know he is a good special teams guy but that is all he is. We lost a promising young player in Wood for a player who will play on ST only. If we did not have DE or WR playing gunner on Punts last year possibly some of those fake plays against us dont happen. I hate losing a guy with upside to hold onto Goodwin?
What are your guys thoughts on this?
Couldn't agree more, thought Goodwin who's a one trick pony should have been cut last year..