Why keep Kellen Moore?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Why does it seem Jerry wants to keep Kellen Moore...

Having all these experiences coaches and keeping Moore doesnt make any sense
I think he did ok this season and did have some creative plays. There were a few times he needed to get the ball to zeke more but in the screen game because the run game was being stuffed. Now that Moore gets to work under a real head coach I would keep him around since it was only his first season. Its not his fault Dak missed open players.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I wonder if Moore will continue to call plays, that will be interesting to see how it works out.

There was a rumor floating around Twitter that Moore was being considered for the OC job at Boise if he wasn't kept on McCarthy's staff.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kellen Moore = Jerry Jones next Jason Garrett
And that is what scares me.

Fast forward a year or two:. MM has taken the Cowboys to the NFC Championship game. Jones is feeling all smug and vindicated for hiring MM and in a fit of non-lucidness, fires MM and gives Moore a 5 or 10 year contract.

It is a cycle we've seen before.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Because people in the league respect Moore as a football mind.

Same thing was said about Garrett when he was hired!

Innovative, Football smart, been around the game his whole life........ yadda yadda yadda

I would feel a whole lot better if his title was something like, assistant QB coach, or get back guy, or better yet, waterboy.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

Innovative, Football smart, been around the game his whole life........ yadda yadda yadda

I would feel a whole lot better if his title was something like, assistant QB coach, or get back guy, or better yet, waterboy.
Ironically, they still say that about Garrett. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
for a 1st year OC Moore was not bad, I expect McCarthy will likely be the play caller and if he choose to keep Moore to assist him I'm good with it

Carter

Reaction score
Because he had the #1 Total Offense in the League in his first Year.

I still believe that JG was a huge Progress stopper for Moore after Week 3 where everyone was excited about all the New Cowboys Plays and exciting Playcalling.

MM will Call the Plays now but i believe they gonna Keep Moore around to assist him and work on the Playbook and assist on Sundays.

DCBlueStar

Reaction score
Our new HC, for one.

Oh, hey. It me.

:p I thought that was interesting. Pelissero also mentioned McCarthy was going on and on about Prescott. I think he already knew well in advance this was the job he wanted. I mean... how often does a job like this open up? Usually jobs open up where the team has been a perennial loser. It turned into a win/win, so far as we can tell. We'll find out if that's the actual case on the football field next season.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Seems like Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett situation all over again. Atleast McCarthy is a better coach than wade phillips and actually won a superbowl.

Nope, JG ran 1/2 the team while Wade was in charge of the other, that won't be the case with Moore he will be working directly under McCarthy.

kskboys

Reaction score

No, they/we really didn't. Jason just wasn't all that well regarded.

conner01

Reaction score
Because Magic Mike will be calling the plays. Pizza Boy won’t be saying anything but “Yes sir” over the headset. McCarthy will groom himself a mini me and Jerruh won’t have to eat a contract. Win win for everyone.
It will be ideal for Moore
Gets to work with a different style of offensive mind and a system he’s never been around
It can only help him in the future