News: Why keeping this Cowboy is one of the most important offseason priority no one is discussing

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why keeping this Cowboy is one of the most important offseason priority no one is discussing
https://sports.yahoo.com/m/ab453df8-0908-367e-9d57-6e9a72622a4e/ss_why-keeping-this-cowboy-is.html

...Ladouceur and punter Chris Jones, who serves as holder for field goals and PATs, are the perfect battery mates for kicker Dan Bailey. Jones also credits Ladouceur for Jones' precision and consistency in the punting game.

Re-signing Ladouceur won't be cheap. In his most recent contract in 2013, Ladouceur signed for 5 years, $5.5 million with a $600,000 signing bonus and $600,000 guaranteed. His average annual contract was $1.1 million. Last season, he counted $1.2 million versus the Cowboys' salary cap, the 29th highest cap hit on the team entering the 2017 regular season.

If a million bucks seems like a lot for a deep snapper, you haven't been paying attention. Spotrac.com lists the 19 top long snappers currently under contract in the NFL. Ten of them average $1+ million per season including fellow NFC East division rivals (Giants' Zak DeOssie, $1.157 million, Commanders' Nick Sundberg $1.1 million). The Eagles' Rick Lovato is signed through 2018 and averages $555,000...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
tenor.gif

CCBoy

Reaction score
It's hard to get a reference, if one doesn't see the immediate need...if all you have is three sentences...

try looking at the whole article and then judge on perspective. One doesn't often quote whim and attitude as the basis of an OP...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Why keeping this Cowboy is one of the most important offseason priority no one is discussing
https://sports.yahoo.com/m/ab453df8-0908-367e-9d57-6e9a72622a4e/ss_why-keeping-this-cowboy-is.html

...Ladouceur and punter Chris Jones, who serves as holder for field goals and PATs, are the perfect battery mates for kicker Dan Bailey. Jones also credits Ladouceur for Jones' precision and consistency in the punting game.

Re-signing Ladouceur won't be cheap. In his most recent contract in 2013, Ladouceur signed for 5 years, $5.5 million with a $600,000 signing bonus and $600,000 guaranteed. His average annual contract was $1.1 million. Last season, he counted $1.2 million versus the Cowboys' salary cap, the 29th highest cap hit on the team entering the 2017 regular season.

If a million bucks seems like a lot for a deep snapper, you haven't been paying attention. Spotrac.com lists the 19 top long snappers currently under contract in the NFL. Ten of them average $1+ million per season including fellow NFC East division rivals (Giants' Zak DeOssie, $1.157 million, Commanders' Nick Sundberg $1.1 million). The Eagles' Rick Lovato is signed through 2018 and averages $555,000...
For what L.P does I would be ok paying him 3 million a year

CCBoy

Reaction score

Not much for a self proclaimed critic...and what is your opinion upon Ladouceur, that touches upon his age and salary cap affects? Or is that too obvious as revealed by a hum and even doubling one's investment stakes with another hum...stud?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want the job, it's just passing between your legs. I want to be able to go into a bar and when a honey asks me what I do for a living say "Coach, CouchCoach, snapper, deep snapper".

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I want the job, it's just passing between your legs. I want to be able to go into a bar and when a honey asks me what I do for a living say "Coach, CouchCoach, snapper, deep snapper".
sounds like a extenze commercial..

heck let Witten snap the ball, since everybody is down on him..

CCBoy

Reaction score
sounds like a extenze commercial..

heck let Witten snap the ball, since everybody is down on him..

Probably makes sense for a five year old...try to pick up a discussion on merit of what is presented. By all means...dilly dilly.

By the way, know when a pig becomes a hog? At 125 pounds, and the discussion presented is full of it...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Now, an additional reason why considerations of all Cowboy players to be resigned should be given consideration, is this:

With Sean Lee entrenched at weakside linebacker, to the naked eye, this position appears to be settled. However, with Lee’s injury history, the Cowboys might want to consider a contingency plan for when Lee inevitably misses games. They could also look to find another middle linebacker, and play Jaylon Smith at his more natural weakside spot. Either way, with Anthony Hitchens not being a lock to re-sign this offseason, the weakside linebacker position could become a dire need for Dallas going forward.

https://thelandryhat.com/2018/01/26/5-positions-dallas-cowboys-target-offseason/

dwreck27

Reaction score
Clicked this thinking it was a hitchens thread...

Pay the man until he’s ready to hang them up