Why Matt Bryant?

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I know he was in camp a couple of years ago and would have more than likely beat out Billy "Can't Kick" Cundiff, but would he really be an upgrade? He couldn't make it with the Giants. Tampa would rather have Cundiff than Bryant. We have to get either Vinateri or Longwell. Forget Bryant.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
84% FG kicker 10-11 from 40-49 yards he is a huge upgrade

notherbob

Reaction score
If he has self-confidence, bring him in. Cundiff had a poor self image and no self-confidence. What confidence he had came from the kicking coach and when he left, Billie Boy's confidence went with him.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
For having a poor self image Cundiff sure has a HOT girlfriend!

ElTiburon

Reaction score
DBOY3141 said:
I know he was in camp a couple of years ago and would have more than likely beat out Billy "Can't Kick" Cundiff, but would he really be an upgrade? He couldn't make it with the Giants. Tampa would rather have Cundiff than Bryant. We have to get either Vinateri or Longwell. Forget Bryant.

I am totally with you. We really need to ante up and get Vinateri. AV is a weapon we can use and with the way the game is structured today there should be a premium on kickers. Does anyone really have confidence in Bryant??

Marty R

Reaction score
DBOY3141 said:

My understanding was that Bryant was let go to create cap space....don't know how much they created by letting him go and signing Cundiff, but it must have been worthwhile...

Murph80

Reaction score
I don't want to spend 1 mil. plus a year for a kicker. Vinateri and Vanderjagt are 1mil plus. We need a definite upgrade but that shouldn't take much.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I may be wrong wouldnt be a first but I think one if not both of those were blocked

blocked is usually because a guy kicks too low.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It all depends on Coach Parcells.

I just cannot fathom paying Vinateiri what he is asking for.

That would be dreadful when we could use the extra couple of million and get ourselves some blockers or linebackers.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Alexander said:
It all depends on Coach Parcells.

That would be dreadful when we could use the extra couple of million and get ourselves some blockers or linebackers.

As many close games as we experienced last season an outstanding kicker may be worth lacking at another position.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:

Our kicking woes cost us 3 games last year. What kind of a price do you put on that? Vinateiri is an expensive answer. But you see what happens when you go cheap.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
As many close games as we experienced last season an outstanding kicker may be worth lacking at another position.

The Boyz should have never been in those close game positions to start with! And, part of that was because of the O-line breakdown, and Parcells penchent for trying not to "lose" games with his clock management, run, run, pass play calling. At least that's the way I see it...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
5Stars said:
The Boyz should have never been in those close game positions to start with! And, part of that was because of the O-line breakdown, and Parcells penchent for trying not to "lose" games with his clock management, run, run, pass play calling. At least that's the way I see it...

play calling? how are you going to get aggressive when, as you point out, the O-line sucks?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I Think Longwell is a good answer, not as cheap as Bryant, but not as expensive as Adam V. But, since Jerry has never paid for a K, I can't see it. Nedney would have been good, but resigned with S.F. Bryant is a huge upgrade over Cudiff and Cortez though.