Why no designed QB runs?

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Proved it when he broke his leg too huh. Even before that he's not very fast. He runs better in space and if the lb's are dropping into coverage that gives him the run Lanes and space he needs. Otherwise they'd tee off on him and hit him at the line like they do Zeke.

Im just saying he’s a capable runner. How can the 49ers and the rams ( the last two teams to eliminate us) run all that motion stuff and be successful and we can’t?

You can’t tell me if you put ceedee in motion with pollard/Zeke and Wilson threatening on some sweeps as well…. All while dak is a capabale threat of running the ball. That that isn’t something we shouldn’t utilize more. It’s tough for a defense to account for. I’m not saying use it all the time but we have the personnel (and the oline) to do it

kwcool619

Reaction score
Have you seen Dak slide???? Seriously???? The one time he slid he just about ate it.....and tore up a knee. Besides....he's not very fast....and really can't out run anyone.

Nope.....I think we have seen the shelf life of our 4th round pick....

@ this point I wouldn't mind drafting that kid out of Nevada. I remember people having doubts about Josh Allen coming from Wyoming. Same conference....kids not bad. Got a live arm.

You're thinking about Carson Strong of Nevada. In the three games, I have watched him in Mountain West conference play (one against San Diego State--my alma mater). His arm impresses me. He does have a live arm, but his mobility and footwork needs work. Also, his release borders on sidearm, and has a low delivery on his release. I'm sure a QB expert will work that out.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im just saying he’s a capable runner. How can the 49ers and the rams ( the last two teams to eliminate us) run all that motion stuff and be successful and we can’t?

You can’t tell me if you put ceedee in motion with pollard/Zeke and Wilson threatening on some sweeps as well…. All while dak is a capabale threat of running the ball. That that isn’t something we shouldn’t utilize more. It’s tough for a defense to account for. I’m not saying use it all the time but we have the personnel (and the oline) to do it

I'm all for the motion stuff. But Dak as a runner is not good. Dak runs best when defenders are guarding the intermediate pass. When a QB just runs it's like a run play the linebackers and DB's tee off on him and that puts any non elusive QB in danger. He's not Lamar type of runner. Go look at his run today. It worked because the defense wasn't looking at him to run, they were back defending the pass. He doesn't need designed runs he just needs to do what he did today. Drop back to pass then take off if you have to and it's open.