Why not a WR in First Round?

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
Rack said:
The talent at LB (including tweeners) is MUCH better then the talent at WR in this draft. It's not even close.

I appreciate the input but you're debating a different issue entirely.:confused:

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
im sorry but this years draft class is so weak, Chad Jackson and Santonio Holmes arent even that good. i look at them as over-rated because of the lack of talent. just look at aaron rogers and alex smith, they became prospects for the #1 pick (alex was the #1) and that was only because they were the next closest thing to good after leinhart dropped. these guys are mediocre talents and will only get drafted as NEED plays, IMO. i see them being just like smith and rogers.

whcarm

Reaction score
Well, if we could trade for Walker then I would be all for it. Walker is much, much, much better than Holmes or Jackson, even with his injury concerns.

Our defense last year was not great. It was good. Ware had not turned into a the type of player he became before Singleton went down. With Ware at full speed, do you think that a guy like Carpenter or Lawson would not help our defense more than a guy like Holmes or Jackson would help our offense?

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
I agree we need WR help, but not in the first round.

My 2 favorite recievers in this draft (Jennings/Hagan) are projected to go late 2nd or early 3rd round.

As was said before, there's (typically) as many good recivers taken in 3rd or later, as there are in the 1st or 2nd.

The main reason we need a WR in this years draft, is to replace Terry Glenn next year. The writing is on the wall, Glenn's due a $5 million roster bonus next year and at 34 years old, there's no way he'll be collecting that IMO.

I'm almost certain we'll draft a WR on day one, I just hope its not at #18.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dthahn said:
I appreciate the input but you're debating a different issue entirely.:confused:

Actually I haven't debated anything. I've only included my opinion.

Our defense last year was not great. It was good.

It wasn't good either. It was solid, at times.

Let's not forget how many times they folded late in games.

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
Rack said:

LOL. You're still missing the point smart guy; your opinion is about a different issue entirely. Maybe you're posting on the wrong thread.

That wasn't my quote; you're quoting someone else.:confused:

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
I think Terence Murphy would have been rated higher than these two guys. BTW Sorry to here the bad news Brown Sugar. I wish him the best.

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
Rack said:

Hey Rack, get your quotes straight, this isn't mine.

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
Rack said:

Hey Rack, I guess I have to draw it out in crayon for you to understand so I'll try one more time.

In your above post you included two quotes. The first quote was from me. The second quote was from whcarm but you failed to credit whcarm so it looks like the second quote is from me also which it is NOT.

This is a basic writing error which obviously you do not understand. Hopefully, now you do. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
why no WR in the 1st? for 1, the WR class is horrible, and 2, the best value for WRs in this draft is on the 2nd day

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dthahn said:
Hey Rack, I guess I have to draw it out in crayon for you to understand so I'll try one more time.

In your above post you included two quotes. The first quote was from me. The second quote was from whcarm but you failed to credit whcarm so it looks like the second quote is from me also which it is NOT.

This is a basic writing error which obviously you do not understand. Hopefully, now you do. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

WHO GIVES A FLYING ****?!

If you KNOW the quote wasn't yours then what f'in difference does it make? It wasn't yours. Ok. I know it wasn't yours. I don't care that it wasn't yours. The world doesn't revolve around you, Chico. I can quote 10 different users in one post w/o showing the exact person I quoted if I want to. The person's I quoted will KNOW it was them I quoted. If it wasn't them, then they can move along and get on with their lives.

And the :huh: smilies weren't cuz I didn't know what you were talking about, they were cuz I was wondering why the **** you were making such a f'in fuss about it.

You know it wasn't your quote. Whcarm knows it WAS his quote. That's all that matters.

And just for future reference, the next time you talk down to me (post down, whatever) you'll get the same kind of reaction.

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
Rack said:
WHO GIVES A FLYING ****?!

If you KNOW the quote wasn't yours then what f'in difference does it make? It wasn't yours. Ok. I know it wasn't yours. I don't care that it wasn't yours. The world doesn't revolve around you, Chico. I can quote 10 different users in one post w/o showing the exact person I quoted if I want to. The person's I quoted will KNOW it was them I quoted. If it wasn't them, then they can move along and get on with their lives.

And the :huh: smilies weren't cuz I didn't know what you were talking about, they were cuz I was wondering why the **** you were making such a f'in fuss about it.

You know it wasn't your quote. Whcarm knows it WAS his quote. That's all that matters.

And just for future reference, the next time you talk down to me (post down, whatever) you'll get the same kind of reaction.

Whoa! Obviously I touched a nerve there. I didn't realize you had an inferiority complex on top of poor writing skills. I could refer you to a good therapist in addition to a writing coach.

OR

You could just refrain from responding to my posts.

I hope you'll choose the latter.

Adios, Chico

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Or you could not make a big deal out of something so minute, and not talk down to other posters. How bout that?

You ever hear of "Do unto others"?

Try it.

You kept making a big deal out of nothing, then finally decided to criticize my intelligence. You think I posted ANYTHING that deserved that type of response? I don't think so.

And what if I had really not understood what you were talking about? You think you used the best method to explain yourself?

Either way, you overeacted to something meaningless.

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
dynasty_in_88 said:
Jason Allen

I know Kiper had this guy pegged in the first round but after the news of his injury, he appears to have slipped into the second round in a lot of mock drafts.

In addition, the 'Boys signed Coleman as an insurance policy for Keith Davis so it looks like they'll go for a safety in the later rounds, in my opinion.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Listen carefully: THERE IS NOT A REAL FIRST RD WR IN THIS YEARS DRAFT. Last year or the year before neither of them would have been picked untill early in the SECOND RD AT BEST. NEXT year there will be more talent as well. THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR these two would be first rd picks. SO TAKE A HIKE.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Whether it's a good idea or not, the Boys haven't shown any interest in either Holmes or Jackson, so it's pretty clear that's not where they're going this year.