Why Not Attempt to Trade Gavin?

jason54858

Gloomy Sunday
Reaction score
Now, before I get blasted please hear me out. I do understand that this is not happening, and his value would not garner us a high draft (maybe a 4, at least a 5). I get he has potential to be something special. I see it. My gripe is, by the time he'll be able to realize that potential on this team he will probably be 26 or 27 (and that's if we give him an extension). Why not get something for him now? Especially with the emergence of Swaim (who is more of a blocking TE, which we use the 2nd TE for anyway). I just feel he is being wasted here. Maybe I'm wrong.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Now, before I get blasted please hear me out. I do understand that this is not happening, and his value would not garner us a high draft (maybe a 4, at least a 5). I get he has potential to be something special. I see it. My gripe is, by the time he'll be able to realize that potential on this team he will probably be 26 or 27 (and that's if we give him an extension). Why not get something for him now? Especially with the emergence of Swaim (who is more of a blocking TE, which we use the 2nd TE for anyway). I just feel he is being wasted here. Maybe I'm wrong.

you're wrong about Swaim, who has been mentioned numerous times as more of a pass-catching TE in the mold of an Escobar as opposed to a Hanna...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Quality depth is better than a 6th round pick.

Late round have a low probability of contributing to a team. A known commodity has more value to your team.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's use the players we hit on where we can. Trade the ones that don't fit on the roster.

Escobar is going to make more plays this year. This guy belongs in the league.

jason54858

Gloomy Sunday
Reaction score
you're wrong about Swaim, who has been mentioned numerous times as more of a pass-catching TE in the mold of an Escobar as opposed to a Hanna...

But he is a better blocker, no?
Quality depth is better than a 6th round pick.

Late round have a low probability of contributing to a team. A known commodity has more value to your team.

I feel we can get more than a 6th for this guy for what he has shown in the preseason. If Derek Carrier can garner a 5th, Escober can to. Still get your point

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

Roster zone?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

And if Witten goes out next Sunday night and tears his ACL, then what?

LOBO7

Reaction score
He's a good target. He finds space and makes a big play now and then.
Keep him.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Swaim hasn't played 1 regular season game yet. He's an unknown. If we are looking for a deep playoff run, we need all the depth possible, including Escobar.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My gripe is, by the time he'll be able to realize that potential on this team he will probably be 26 or 27 (and that's if we give him an extension).

Nothing wrong with that. In the meantime he is good insurance for JWit.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I'll take a 4th or 5th for the injury and concussion prone uncoordinated and clumsy too tall. Or a RB. Rather have 7th rnd pick Swaim....RG3, Manziel? lol

Hardline

Reaction score
What in the world would we do without the hypothetical trade discussion?